Woman says her love handles saved her life

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dalton Wayne, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Woman says her love handles saved her life

Samantha Lynn Frazier said she heard two pops when she walked into Herman's Place in Atlantic City, N.J.
    The 35-year-old Florida woman then felt pain and saw blood on her hand after she grabbed her left side.
    [​IMG]

Cops said the gunman was aiming for a man who escaped with a bullet hole in his down jacket.

Frazier was an innocent bystander who took the bullet, reports The Washington Post.
    Frazier told The Press of Atlantic City that 'I could have been dead. They said my love handles saved my life."
    Frazier also told the newspaper that she had been "hollering" that she wanted to lose weight. She now said, "I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
    Photo: In this photo taken Monday, Samantha Lynn Frazier, 35, of Florida, talks about a gunshot that hit her in the abdomen at the Egg Harbor Township, N.J., home where she is staying. Frazier was shot while entering an Atlantic City bar to get a drink early Saturday morning. (AP Photo/The Press of Atlantic City, Vernon Ogrodnek) (Vernon Ogrodnek - AP)

2. SIUC4

SIUC4 Glockness

Do you not just love America?

3. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Thinks it would take a whole bunch of "ballistic gel" to verify if there is any truth in that story!:shocked:

4. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

or if she wasn't so big, the shot may have been a miss..

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If she was skinner, the bullet may have missed her completely...go figure (no pun).