Woman ordered to pay $8.4 million in damages for fake rape allegation

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bren, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

This is pretty interesting and kind of timely. Woman made fake rape claims 30 years after they allegedly happened, in the 80's.

About time somebody did something about it. As a police officer I saw multiple fake rape claims, some for as little as to avoid an arrest for public intoxication. In one case, we arrested a guy, after his brother had beaten him up for raping his wife. No doubt he'd have gone to prison, if the wife hadn't written it all down in her diary, that her sister stole and brought to us after the guy had been in jail a couple of weeks - turns out she was having an affair with him (as was her sister) and he dumped her and she wanted to get back at him. As a lawyer, I have mentioned that all of the "innocence project" cases I have seen get people out of prison involved lying witnesses, but I believe they also have in common that they were all or nearly all rape cases.

Female blogger is ordered to pay US Army colonel she accused of rape $8.4million in damages after he claimed the false allegations cost him a sparkling military career
    . . .

Susan Shannon, 52, who now lives in Everett, Washington, first alleged that she was sexually assaulted by Army Colonel David 'Wil' Riggins in 1986, while they were both cadets, on her blog in 2013.

She said she waited three decades to come forward about her experience because of the army's 'code of silence'.
    . . .

She made the claims on her blog Short Little Rebel in 2013 - which followed the announcement that Colonel Riggins had been nominated for general.
    . . . .

Sounds kind of familiar.

2. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Hold that thought...

3. Lazy R

Lazy R

4. kiole

kiole

Now hopefully she hits the lottery so he gets paid

5. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

6. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

All the women who came out during the presidential saying Trump assaulted them. They need to prove it or get crushed. This guilt by accusation and #metoo is a criminal act, needs to be punished.
    " I slept with Harvey Wienstin because he said he would put me in a movie" is not rape, it's a trade you made, much like banging a guy because he bought you dinner. Not different than just taking cash up front.
    Now I rarely believe any woman's claim. It's all liberal theatre for attention whores and frustrated cat ladies. Feel bad for the women that are actually raped, to bad the left sold out their trauma for the left's gain.

janice6, MrMr1961, michael_b and 21 others like this.
  7. Bruce M

Bruce M

My first guess is he will be lucky to see pennies on the dollar of the judgement. Still it seems like a win.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

He'll never get 8.4 million, but he can take everything she's got and keep taking until she dies.

9. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

10. OGW

OGW SAF

I'd like your opinion as an attorney as to how likely that is to happen.

michael_b and Bruce M like this.
  11. Detectorist

Detectorist

We need more women in the Army.

12. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

Yes, one woman lied. Therefore they're nearly all liars.

I think you need a class in basic logic, but that's none of my business. :upeyes:

michael_b and Stendec like this.
  13. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

14. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

1, 2, 3 women lied, how many, 20-500? Innocent men are incarcerated? How many is too few for you to care? Give us a number O' enlightened feminist fury, so that we can judge by your standards. And let's never worry about about due process, unless it's you "number 1 son" who's accused of sexual assault he didn't commit. Will you question the accuser? Bet your ass you will. Then I bet that one lying ***** gets thrown under the bus by you. If you could more closely model you ethics on your girlfriend Hillary, and her situational ethics, I doubt if I would be anymore surprised. I'll raise your logic, and call you on your ethics. Sad little broken women, your feminist battle banner is tattered. It's always the ethics that trip you up.

15. Detectorist

Detectorist

What is she doing now? Did she go to med school? College professor?

TBO and LASTRESORT20 like this.
  16. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Those kinds of women deserve serious prison time.

We have one right now trying to do the same thing to Brett Kavanaugh.

17. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Let’s be honest. When you’ve got DJT’s cash there’s no need to “assault “ any female. They’re throwing that funky chunky stuff at you from all directions. You’ve got to learn to duck to keep from getting hit with a flying whisker biscuit.

18. porschedog

porschedog

Judge Kavanaugh needs to sue Dr Ford and senator Feinstein for their actions.

19. HarlDane

HarlDane

People don't commit sexual assault or rape because they can't get laid otherwise.

Disclaimer: I have not seen any evidence that Trump has sexually assaulted anyone, simply pointing out that sexual assault is not driven by ones inability to have consensual sex.

railfancwb, Stendec, Bruce M and 3 others like this.
  20. northslope66

northslope66

i think the accusers should serve a mandatory five years . that would cut out the BS. lives are ruined because of this crap .

MrMr1961, tjpet, Fred Hansen and 11 others like this.