close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolfgang Puck cookware

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Zak3056, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

After moving, I decided to treat myself to new cookware,. I picked up a nice 19 piece set to start with (1.5-qt saucepan, 3-qt saucepan, 10" omlette, 8qt stockpot, 11" chicken fryer, 8" caserole, 10" caserole, assorted covers and extra) and got it out the door for about $100 shipped. Kristen bought be the 14" stir fry, and 16" lasagna/roasting pan for V-DAY, so I have a pretty good set going.

I've gotta say: I love it. I'd heard alot of horror stories about stainless steel pans (particularly sticking/burning/cleaning stories) but the pans are easier to clean than most teflon more than a month old I've used.

My only two beefs are that the pans scratch easily (I use them primarily for cooking, not for looking, so this isn't a big issue) and that the bottom of the pans are staining on me (which again isn't a big issue for the same reason as above.)

Anybody else use these? Or stainless steel pans in general? Am I doing something wrong in regard to the staining/scratching? Is there a remedy for it?

2. pal2511

pal2511

I have some stainless steel wearever pots and pans....they are really nice...havent had a problem with them sticking either.

3. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

man, its gonna be a while before i get any good cookware...
    i do have some heavy enameled iron lacrueset theat really work well.

you can sear some sausages or whatever in it and then put the whole thing into the oven to finish...they come with heat padded slip on pot holders...
    pretty decent stuff i have to say