close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolff Springs: Mag.extensions for Glock 27,"bad idea"?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Peace Officer, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Peace Officer

Peace Officer

Talked to a Wolff Springs Tech the other day. He said that the mag. ext. for Glock 26 & 27 are a bad idea-when using the stock Glock mag. spring. He said the stock mag. spring wasn't meant to accomadate the two extra rounds the mag ext. gives you. The pinky ext. is fine because it does not alter the capacity of the mag. Would appreciate some feed back from my Glock Bros.

2. firefighter4215

firefighter4215

That makes sense to me. I carry mine with the 9 round mag, and usually take a 15 round mag in my pocket. I'd skip the +2 extension for reliability reasons.

3. Aux Bear

Aux Bear

Not heard of that. I have 5 years of shooting/practicing with my BUG (G27) with the +2 Pierce Ext. Hundreds of rounds and lot's of idle/loaded time too. Never had an issue. Anyone have 1st hand knowledge of an issue?

4. JBS

JBS

+1
    zip, zero, nada with my backup 27. Been running Glock + ext. on them. well into the 1000s now.

5. SFla27

SFla27

On this exact same issue, I spoke with tech support at Glock.

I wondered about using stock mag springs on a G22 15rd magazine in my G27 with a +2 extension.

I mentioned I felt a difference in spring tension when I pressed the follower of an empty, stock 9rd G27 mag vs an empty, stock G22 mag, even before putting in the +2 extensions. I asked about potential FTF issues and they said the stock spring should work fine with the extensions.

However, I also had a brief discussion with the people at Wolff. So, to be safe, I got some +10% extra power G22 mag springs. I also got some XGrip mag sleeves that help isolate the movement of the magazine in the magwell.

I have done some testing at the range with the G22 mags, resting the pistol at an angle with pressure being put on the mag floorplate to see if I can cause a malfunction. No issues yet, but this is far from a scientific test.

I have used +2 extensions on my 9rd G27 mags as well. No issues to report so far.

For carry though, I'm currently-using the stock 9rd G27 mags without the extensions for marginally-more effective concealment purposes.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  6. SilverCity

SilverCity

Don't have them in front of me, but I believe the 10-round mag spring for the G26 is the same length as the 15-round spring for the G19. I would assume ditto for the 27/23.

I currently have factory springs and +2s on my G26 and it feeds fine. Spring tension feels just as tight as on a new G19 mag.

I do know many folks (myself included) have feed probs with factory mag springs and the Pierce +1 on the G36.

If your pistol works reliably with factory springs, go for it. I do prefer the added assurance of extra power Wolffs on most of my other mid/full sized model Glocks though.

SC

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  7. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Wolf springs tech...............WTF, what would you expect him to say................??? I use stock Glock mag springs and stock Glock +2 bottoms in my G-27 mags and they feed, fit, and function flawlesly. I got some beach front property in arizona to sell to anyone who needs it?!?

8. kaech

kaech

+2's on sub mags are fine since its the same mag spring as 19,23,32

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine