close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolff gunsprings

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Kiddo, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Kiddo

Kiddo

Anyone tried ordering Wolff gunsprings online? How did it go? TIA.

2. jasonub

jasonub

meron local niyan just buy it here wala pang problem. ibut if you want the best ismi is the choice. Mahal nga 1 million cycles tested naman

3. Kiddo

Kiddo

How much ang price difference between ismi and wolff springs?

4. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

i ordered from them a few years back, nice service, just specify global priority mail.

5. isuzu

isuzu

I've been using Wolff springs and they're pretty good. I also have an ISMI recoil spring for a 1911 that my brother gave me and I haven't used it yet. I use Wolff on my 1911s and my wife's Taurus PT-92. I also use reduced power hammer spring for the Taurus and the 1911.

They're available at Twin Pines and reasonably-priced.

6. jasonub

jasonub

11 dollars ata isang ismi. wolf maybe 5-6 dollars.

I have installed a 12.5 ismi recoil spring and has been shot around 18t rounds without any noticable wear.

I have a hammer spring and a recoil spring. 15 and 12.5 pounds respectively for sale.

7. isuzu

isuzu

Change my Wolff recoil and firing pin spring every 2,500 rounds (as per manufacturer's recommendation) on my 1911. Better to change springs worth P300.00+ than wreck something more expensive, IHMO.:)

8. jasonub

jasonub

thats why chrome silicon springs are far better than normal spring material that wolf uses.

the army tested chrome silicone springs since their requirement is about 300,000 cycles before they replace springs for their chain guns. They tested it for 1 million cycles and the spring was still within specs.

I dont think i can shoot 1 million rounds on my pistol. Ismi recommends that you change springs every year no matter how many rounds you put downrange.

I have dumped wolf like i dumped my beeper for a mobile phone. to each his own;)

9. Kiddo

Kiddo

Does ISMI make springs for CZs?

10. isuzu

isuzu

I treat gun springs like shock absorbers on vehicles. They need to be changed over a period of time. More often if the vehicle's service is severe (compared to shooting full-power loads).;) The ISMI recoil spring that I have is worth trying, though. I recall that there's an instruction on how to cut for proper length.

Jason, does your ISMI recoil springs come with firing pin springs? Mine didn't come with firing pin springs.

11. isuzu

isuzu

Just checked their website www.ismi-gunsprings.com. They offer springs only for 1911s, Glocks and AR type rifles.

ISMI

Certified Aerospace Specification Materials insure consistent mechanical properties of the bulk material. This means repeatability of performance in every production run.

ISO 9002 Quality Control Standards are used to give the shooter springs that are dimensionally consistent.

All Springs are Heat Treated, Shot Peened & Stress Relieved to enhance durability, consistency and reliability.

Proprietary Design Features enhance the springs ability to hold the pistol in battery longer when fired to maximize energy dispersion and reduce sight movement.

Maximum Service Temperature of our materials goes up to 700°F. Music wire has a maximum service temperature of 250°F and can be negatively affected at temperatures as low as 175°F. This is important because temperatures approaching or exceeding the maximum service temperature are highly detrimental to spring life. Exposure to maximum service temperatures promotes additional spring set and is detrimental to the relaxation of the spring. In other words, the spring will not decompress as rapidly.

12 Month Replacement Warranty extends beyond just materials and workmanship. We even cover failure due to wear. Failure due to wear is not some arbitrary figure: if your ISMI 1911 Recoil Spring loses more than 0.375” of free length in 12 months it will be replaced at NO CHARGE (no shipping charge when sent by US Mail) regardless of the number of rounds fired.

1911 Recoil Spring Applications

20CS - 20 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    18CS - 18 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    18SS - 18 lbs, stainless alloy $ 7.95
    16CS - 16 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    15CS - 15 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    14CS - 14 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    12½CS - 12½ lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    11CS - 11 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    10CS - 10 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95
    9CS - 9 lbs, chrome silcon $ 7.95
    7CS - 7 lbs, chrome silicon $ 7.95

1911 Mainsprings

19MS - 19 lbs load, stainless alloy. This is an ideal spring for use in carry pistols due to its enhanced corrosion resistance. $ 6.25

17MS - 17 lbs load, chrome silicon. Excellent for competitive shooters seeking a light, consistent trigger pull. $ 6.25

15MS - 15 lbs load, chrome silicon. This is a pro-wind spring for competition use only. Designed to provide reliable ignition while minimizing overcock hammer pressure. $ 6.25

WOLFF www.gunsprings.com

RECOIL SPRINGS
    Recoil springs for Colt 1911 series pistols are available in both conventional and variable power designs. Please refer to our FAQ section for information on conventional vs. variable design. Each Wolff recoil spring for Colt pistols includes an extra power firing pin spring. Recoil Calibration Paks are available offering a range of spring weights to tune your pistols recoil function. All springs are produced from Wolff proprietary HTCS spring material except as noted.

For use in:
    Colt 1911, 1911A1, 1991, Government, MKIV and Gold Cup models
    Please see other caliber notes below

Conventional 1911 Recoil Springs - .45 ACP

Reduced Power...: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Lb.
    Factory Standard.: 16 Lb.
    Extra Power........: 17, 18.5, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28 Lb.
    Stock No. 419xx......$ 7.89 ea
    Please Note: Replace the "xx" in the stock number with the pound rating of spring.

Conventional 1911 Recoil Springs - .45 ACP - Chrome Silicone Material
    The 3 most popular 1911 recoil springs are now available in chrome silicone material. While Chrome silicone is and excellent material, it is a softer material and does not offer the tensil strength of our proprietary HTCS spring material - the material most of our springs are produced from. We now offer these springs due to customer requests.

Reduced Power...: 14 Lb.

Factory Standard.: 16 Lb.

Extra Power........: 18.5 Lb.

Stock No. 527xx......$ 7.69 ea
    Please Note: Replace the "xx" in the stock number with the pound rating of spring

Variable Power 1911 Recoil Springs - .45 ACP

Reduced Power...: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Lb.
    Factory Standard: 16.5 Lb.
    Extra Power.....: 17.5, 18.5, 20, 22 Lb.
    Stock No. 424xx ......$ 7.89 ea
    Please Note: Replace the "xx" in the stock number with the pound rating of spring.

COLT 1911
    FACTORY RECOIL SPRING NOTES

1. Factory rating for super .38 & 9mm is 14 Lbs.
    2. Factory rating in .40 S&W is 19 Lbs.
    3. Factory rating for the Colt .38 Spl. Midrange is 14 Lbs.
    4. Factory rating for the Colt Ace .22 conversion is 14 Lbs,

When ordering recoil springs for these caliber's, please take these differences into account.

12. jasonub

jasonub

Jason, does your ISMI recoil springs come with firing pin springs? Mine didn't come with firing pin springs. [/B][/QUOTE]

none. i use egw heavy duty fp springs. thats the only spring in my gun that does not use high tech materials. unless its also chrome silicone.

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Sa PB mey Nowlin springs sila, chrome-silicon din like ISMI, mas mura pa kesa locally-available wolff. Yung akin matagal na, matigas pa rin...ah, eh, hold on, that didn't sound right, did it? ;g ;f;f

14. jigo

jigo

where can i get ismi chrome silicon springs here?

15. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

didn't you just read mc-oliver's post? there's also a gun directory somewhere in these pages. it might help.

16. jasonub

jasonub

you cant get ismi in the phils since no one carries them as of now