close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolff 6lbs glock 20 striker spring?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cam Cooke, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

Has any one tried the Wolff Spring 6lbs firing pin striker spring. Stock Glock striker springs are 5.5lbs and with the stock spring wieght I have been having a few failure to fires with my reloads only on the first round out of a magazine though.
    Thanks for any info
    Cam

2. VN350X10

VN350X10

You don't say what model you have, however, many folks have posted about failure to fire using Winchester lg primers, usually in a G21. The thing to check would be your primer seating depth. If the primer isn't fully seated, the striker doesn't have enough force to re-seat & then fire the primer. A 1911 type firearm has more force avaliable, being that the hammer has a greater amount of inertia than does a Glock striker.
    Make sure that your primers are fully seated & I'll be willing to bet that the problem will be eliminated.

uncle albert

3. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

I mentioned that the gun was a Glock 20 on the subject line.
    Cam

4. VN350X10

VN350X10

Sorry Cam, I missed that. Brain fart I guess.
    Did you check seating depth ?
    My G20 won't fire reliably with a reduced power Wolff spring, but I've had no problems with the stock one. Is your stock one ok ?

uncle albert

5. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

Actually the problem only happens after I chamber the first round then my G20 fires every time. The slide does lock open sometimes in the middle of the a mag but that is probably because I installed a extended mag release and touch it up during rapid fire. OCL is correct as well as the primers (CCI 350) are seated correctly. I use all of these same loads in my Colt Delta Elite and T/C Contender carbine and don't have any problems in these guns. That is why I was wondering about the 6lbs spring.

6. VN350X10

VN350X10

Is it going fully into battery when you chamber the 1st round ? The slide moves faster when the gun is fired. Are you chambering the first round by pulling the slide ALL the way back or are you chambering from the slide stop notch ?
    Just a thought.

uncle albert

7. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

That is what I've been thinking. The slide is completely locked to the barrel. I do hear and feel the striker release though.
    Cam