close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolff 19, 21 or 23 for a Glock 36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JFP, Mar 15, 2003.

1. JFP

JFP

Am a newbie to Glocks and fear I will not be able to shake this great product from my daily carry status (have had my G36 for about five months and have 816 rds through her so far without a hitch), and truly appreciate all the great information on this site.

My only mods are night sights, 3.5 connector and a polsih of the innards, but am thinking of changing the recoil spring (even though I must admit recoil is sooooo gentle with this thing it just doesnt make sense for its size).

I only use Winchester USA white box 230 FMJ (its whats available cheapest where I live). I was wondering if any of you could tell how perceptible a difference there is in recoil by changing from the stock 17lb to a Wolff 19lb./21lb/23lb recoil spring and the Wolff non captive guide rod.

Also, with the ammo listed above, is there any one of the three weights (19, 21, 23) the you guys recommend over the other the others? Are there any pros/cons to one weight (19, 21, 23) over the others?

Best to all. I did do a search on this topic before posting, not wanting to take up anyones time more than needed, but didnt find a thread that directly addressed my questions. If there is such a thread a pointer in the right direction will be appreciated.

2. MuRDoC

MuRDoC

I would leave it like it is

3. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

To paraphrase Roosevelt, "the only thing we have to fear, is.....unreliability induced by non-standard aftermarket parts." Leave it alone if you want to be able to rely on it. Happy carrying! ;Q

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

JFP,

Glock has many brilliant engineers, far smarter that I will ever be. They designed a fine recoil rod and appropriate spring for your pistol. I would replace neither the rod nor the spring weight for a carry pistol.

As someone once said, "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is broke."

If the recoil is too much, trade for a G19.

5. davesglock30

davesglock30

the only reason i would ever change the spring is to shoot some 45 supers. yeah, from what i've seen on here the most reliable glocks are the ones that are stock or close to it. somebody just had a shootout comparison between 1911 styles and glocks and the only glocks that had problems out of the 1,000 or so rounds were the ones that had aftermarket stuff on them.

6. JFP

JFP

Thank you guys for your great advice. Your points on stock condition and reliablity are well taken, since that is what I carry it for.

Best to all of you from Panama!