Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Cranky Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that Widener's has Wolf primers on sale.

SPP $15.50/k (less than 5k) or $15.00/k (5k or more) :wow:

LPP $16.00/k (less than 5k) or $15.50/k (5k or more) :wow:

I know many don't like Wolf and many here will scream to buy American, but I have no problems with them.

·
Conifer Jack
10,016 Posts
RATS! Ya caught me at a weak moment before my nighttime meds wore off... ordered 20K... 10K SP and 10K LP.

CCI's run $33K locally, I haven't had any problems with my last order of Wolfs and at 10 years ago pricing you really can't beat 'em.

Jack

·
Registered
939 Posts
I was always told not to buy Wolf ammo because it's steel cased. Are the primers good to use? As good as any others?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I was always told not to buy Wolf ammo because it's steel cased. Are the primers good to use? As good as any others?
Being newer to reloading I've only used a small amount of the SPP and LPP but they all worked fine. They tend to be a bit tighter to seat.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Being newer to reloading I've only used a small amount of the SPP and LPP but they all worked fine. They tend to be a bit tighter to seat.
I read some reviews after I posted that last question and it seems that Wolf primers work just as well as any others. Some say they may be a bit tighter to seat, like you said, which doesn't really seem like an issue. The cost savings between Wolf and CCI (which is what I'm using currently) is enormous!

·
Registered
35,937 Posts
I read some reviews after I posted that last question and it seems that Wolf primers work just as well as any others. Some say they may be a bit tighter to seat, like you said, which doesn't really seem like an issue. The cost savings between Wolf and CCI (which is what I'm using currently) is enormous!
It is an issue if they do not fire, which is what happens when you don't get them seated well. I had no issues w/ the LP but quite a few problems w/ the SP. I would never use them unless forced to. I would still trust the LP, at least until I have an issue w/ them. For that price, maybe a 10K order to stash away is worth it. Keep in mind, the NFPA says no mor ethan 10K primers in residential storge. I am sure none of us has more than that.:whistling:

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,520 Posts
Keep in mind, the NFPA says no mor ethan 10K primers in residential storge. I am sure none of us has more than that.:whistling:
I don't want to break the law, therefor, I don't use primers.

I get 'strike anywhere matches' by the case, though.:supergrin:

·
local trouble maker
9,125 Posts
WOW that is a $5.00 a K price drop in a month. I hope the American companies follow suit.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,520 Posts

·
Crusty Member
10,819 Posts
Oh man...Grafs has raised the price on CCI SPP to $139/5000. I thought I'd paid like $110/5000 on my last order. I've resisted trying Wolf/Tula, but maybe not for much longer.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Always SOME dingbat that's gotta advertise a good thing to the whole world and have everyone buyin it all up.... *sigh*

·
EX-Swage Monkey
1,615 Posts
7000 ordered when Chris hits the mouse.

·
NRA Member
1,115 Posts
Powder valley has em for $15.

:popcorn: <<<<< waiting for the black friday rush to ensue lol

·
Gone Shooting!
1,737 Posts
Always SOME dingbat that's gotta advertise a good thing to the whole world and have everyone buyin it all up.... *sigh*
Don't worry buddy; there's plenty of primers for everyone (at least for another two minutes which is what it should take me to place my order). :tongueout:

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
It is an issue if they do not fire, which is what happens when you don't get them seated well. I had no issues w/ the LP but quite a few problems w/ the SP. I would never use them unless forced to. I would still trust the LP, at least until I have an issue w/ them. For that price, maybe a 10K order to stash away is worth it. Keep in mind, the NFPA says no mor ethan 10K primers in residential storge. I am sure none of us has more than that.:whistling:
Fred, you want me to add you to our order?

·
Cranky Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not a dingbat. Just someone who wanted to give back to others who he has learned much from.
I rarely post here, but I do enjoy and appreciate what this board offers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts