GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Gen 4 Glock 23 a few weeks ago, and have been interested in converting it to 9mm, just for kicks. I noticed that one of the online ammo sellers I frequent recently added replacement, and conversion barrels from Wolf Performance Arms(NOT Lone Wolf Distributors).Today I picked up the 40 to 9 conversion barrel, two Glock 19 mags, some ammo, and headed to the range.

I did nothing but replace the barrel, and used the G19 magazines. A little lube on the barrel where it passes through the slide, and also where the RSA touches the barrel, loaded the mags, and fired away. I fired 200 rounds of 124 grain Blazer Brass (FMJ), and 50 rounds of Federal 147 grain HST. The newly configured G23-9mm ran perfectly, and with excellent accuracy. The slide locked back on every empty magazine, and if you didn't know it was a G23, you would swear it was a G19.

I took a few pictures... my first shot at 7 yards, the first 50 rounds at 7 yards, and a couple of the pistol. I am very pleased with the results of this conversion. The barrel cost $90, and I feel its very accurate, and reliable. If anyone is thinking of a Wolf Performance Arms barrel, I recommend it.

View attachment 421790

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

·
Free Full Clip!
17,094 Posts
I have a KKM 40-9 barrel for my G23 and I'm very happy with it but that Wolf Performance Arms barrel is either more accurate than my KKM or you're a much better shot than I am.

I suspect the latter since accuracy with my 9mm barrel is pretty much the same as my G23 barrel. That is a nice 50 round group with the 147 grain HST's.

·
Banned
511 Posts
my 23 with a kkm barrel is the same super reliable and laser accurate.now try a 357 barrel with the 40 mags same results and a smooth shooter.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I had a Gen 3-35 that I used a Wolf 40 to 9mm conversion barrel in with similar results, only a couple 100 rounds of my cast/coated reloads through it before I sold it but no issues and accurate.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an add on... I am new to Glock, as I resisted for years because I didn't like the look of the Glock pistol. A friend convinced me to shoot his 23, and I really liked the way it shot, and its accuracy. I knew about the Glock reputation, so I started with a 19x. Shortly there after, I bought an M&P 9mm Kel-Tec Sub2000, so then I bought an M&P 2.0 9mm to match it. I shot my M&P pistol along with my 9mm G23, and I actually prefer the feel of the Glock grip angle, and the Glock trigger. The Glock trigger is heavier, but my 2.0 trigger is gritty. I do admit to being a trigger snob, and I will take a heavier cleaner trigger as opposed to a lighter grittier trigger every time. I really like my 23, and both calibers it can be utilized with.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just an add on... I am new to Glock, as I resisted for years because I didn't like the look of the Glock pistol. A friend convinced me to shoot his 23, and I really liked the way it shot, and its accuracy. I knew about the Glock reputation, so I started with a 19x. Shortly there after, I bought an M&P 9mm Kel-Tec Sub2000, so then I bought an M&P 2.0 9mm to match it. I shot my M&P pistol along with my 9mm G23, and I actually prefer the feel of the Glock grip angle, and the Glock trigger. The Glock trigger is heavier, but my 2.0 trigger is gritty. I do admit to being a trigger snob, and I will take a heavier cleaner trigger as opposed to a lighter grittier trigger every time. I really like my 23, and both calibers it can be utilized with.
If you're a trigger snob I'm surprised you didn't add an Apex trigger to your M&P. The 2.0 triggers are nice but adding an Apex trigger brings it up another level.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're a trigger snob I'm surprised you didn't add an Apex trigger to your M&P. The 2.0 triggers are nice but adding an Apex trigger brings it up another level.
I may go that route, but some medical issues with my wife has my frivolous spending on hold. I just ordered and installed night sights on the M&P, and that was the biggest issue I wanted to correct with that pistol. I know where the grit is, its in the striker blocker, and I'm sure it can be polished out, but I may just live with it.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Mine came in today. Fits perfect. I have ten 9mm mags coming tomorrow. I will test fire it when I get back to work. So happy we have a range at work.

·
Flashaholic
286 Posts
I have a G23 Gen 3.

Got a Lone Wolf conversion to 9.
Also purchased 2 G19 mags as well.

I racked the slide to cycle all 10 rounds of FMJ ammo, cycles just fine.
Now when I do the same with 10 rounds of hollow points, they don’t feed as smoothly.
Feels like they are rubbing in the feed ramp.

Anyone have issues using hollow points on these barrels?

Just a thought...rounds sit higher on my .40 mags. They sit a bit lower on the G19 mags.
Followers are very different. Think the G19 mags are newer gen 4/5 mags.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I racked the slide to cycle all 10 rounds of FMJ ammo...
This quote is a "clue" to me. All ten rounds doesn't make sense for a G23 (normally 13 rounds) converted to a 9mm (using G19 mags would be 15 rounds). I'm guessing these are 10-round G19 mags which can be a separate subject regarding reliability.

More info is probably needed and hand-cycling and a person's feel of such cycling isn't really a good indicator.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This quote is a "clue" to me. All ten rounds doesn't make sense for a G23 (normally 13 rounds) converted to a 9mm (using G19 mags would be 15 rounds). I'm guessing these are 10-round G19 mags which can be a separate subject regarding reliability.

More info is probably needed and hand-cycling and a person's feel of such cycling isn't really a good indicator.
I'll add that with a brand new second tier barrel, I would shoot (actually fire the gun) a couple hundred fmj before I tried jhp.

·
Flashaholic
286 Posts
Thanks guys, will fire it and break it in.

Yes, 10rnd mags. That’s the limit in my State unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts