Woke Phony: LeBron James Reminds World That He's a Fraud on Human Rights

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by rock_castle, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

B C likes this.
  2. Biggy1

Biggy1

He’s got a big mouth now because he’s towards the end of his career, he has a lot of money, and he one of the NBA’s cash cows and is big draw mainly for black people going to the NBA circus.

3. B C

B C

He faked a hate crime as well. Said someone spray painted racist stuff at his LA house. No video or pics. He said he cleaned it up before the cops came to investigate. No evidence exists that it happened.

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  4. slym2none

slym2none

Show me three more examples over the past ten years if you want me to even come close to believing there is some sort of "systemic racism" where cops or anyone else is out hunting black people. An exception doesn't prove a "rule".

5. rainman33

rainman33

Dr. Ibram X. Kendi, a leading voice and scholar on racial justice and history, believes that racism originates from....
    “actual foundation of racism is not ignorance and hate, but self-interest, particularly economic and political and cultural.” Self-interest drives racist policies that benefit that self-interest. When the policies are challenged because they produce inequalities, racist ideas spring up to justify those policies. Hate flows freely from there.”
    Maybe Lebron should have a discussion with Dr. Kendi. #Chinese Lives Matter

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  6. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

"Chinese Lives Matter" - not to Lebron or the rest of the NBA poseurs. Gotta protect you your million dollar mansions - ya know!

7. Taz

Taz

The irony of a Black guy making millions selling crap made by Chinese slave labor rating about oppression.

I mean, seriously. People are better off listening to a magic 8 ball than this hypocrite.

seang23or32, jcm3, norcalAF and 2 others like this.
  8. rainman33

rainman33

LOL. Perfectly said.

9. Greeks.45

Greeks.45 Glock Man

No wonder Steve Cory is better than him and pushing him out the game, He is old and man and need to focus on the ball.

10. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

11. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

The actor? Steve Cory is about 70 years old and did not play in the NBA.

hooligan74 likes this.
  12. Greeks.45

Greeks.45 Glock Man

mhgh.jpg

13. hooligan74

hooligan74

But is he obligated to do so? I say no.

I don't think it's a matter of integrity, I think it's a matter of priority or even proximity.

I donate to the local humane societies. I don't donate to the ASPCA or other animal related charities as a rule. Is that a lack of integrity? Obviously not. Does that mean I don't care about animal neglect and abuse outside of my locale? Again, obviously not.

Would I like to see James advocating for the working conditions of the folks on the other side of the planet that make his sneakers? Yep, sure would. He doesn't. Neither did Jordan. Neither do any athletes with shoe/apparel deals that I can think of.

"Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place...." -John Bender

14. hooligan74

hooligan74

Greeks.45 and R.B. Riddick like this.
  15. rainman33

rainman33

Sorry, but your analogy isn’t correct. To compare it to Lebron you would have to say something like , “I donate to local humane societies while getting rich off my puppy farms”.
    Is he obligated to do so? I guess no one is obligated to be a decent human being.

norcalAF likes this.
  16. hooligan74

hooligan74

So there are no "decent human beings" in all of pro sports amongst those with shoe/apparel deals in your estimation? OK.

17. rainman33

rainman33

I hope most people realize the world is messy and intertwined place, and then try to go about our lives doing as much good, or least not causing any harm, as we are capable of doing. I believe there are many professional athletes like this.
    However, if looking for the epitome of altruism, you may want to start looking in a different industry.

18. hooligan74

hooligan74

Agreed. I believe James is one of them.

Fear not, I hold no such illusion.

19. rainman33

rainman33

So, how do you reconcile that James has spoken out against those who have criticized China’s policies and blatant human rights violations, calling them “uneducated “ among other things?

20. RockingtheGlock

RockingtheGlock What is normal for the Spider is chaos to the Fly

I think one of the big issues we have in the US today is intolerance. People will have different perspectives, opinions and beliefs. Disagreeing with someone and voicing your own differing opinion is ok but hating on someone and wishing they were silent is not. I disagree with Lebron's activism but I do believe he should be able to express himself however he wants just like everyone. I like Laura Ingraham's show The Angle but I very much disagree with the statement directed at Lebron to "Shut up and dribble." That statement is is very rude and demeaning. Just because someone has a different political view we should not immediately jump to hatred but be patient and exercise more acceptance and tolerance. There is a huge divide in this country and I believe it is being perpetuated by the democrats. Let's not stoop to their level and drive the wedge deeper between people. Let's try to understand people we disagree with rather than insulting them. Even if we disagree there will never be progress without tolerance and civil dialogue.