close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Woe is Me

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by texastim, Aug 30, 2003.

1. texastim

texastim

OK, fellow Glockers, I am in need of some encouragement! Bought my 19 about 3 weeks ago, been to the range about 6 times, 100 rounds a trip. Some days good, some days bad shooting. I have been shooting at 10 yds., in the red 75% of the time, but when I go to 15 and 25 yds, Oh My! Terrible!

I am aware of my problems, such as anticipating the recoil, and such. Just need someone to tell me it will get better.

Can't imagine how bad I would do at GSSF!!

Thanks for listening!

2. THE VOID

THE VOID

Now is the perfect time for GSSF. You have two chances to win a free gun before you get too good for B class! Go try it. Promise you will love it.

It will get better. If you get too psyched out, you may be doing more harm than good. Next time don't sweat it. Make sure you grip is right (comfortable) and just let some rip. Sometimes concentrating too much is just not fun. Good grip, good stance, sights aligned and yank the trigger. See where it goes.

It is probably time for some dry firing while you sit at home. But make it serious dry firing. Pick a spot, good grip, correct part of the finger on trigger and squeeze the shot without moving the sights. This is a good time to see how big a difference trigger finger position can make. There is a sweet spot there. Too far in or not enough and the sights move.

You will get it. I swear!

Good luck,
    Dayton

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

be patient and concentrate on slow, good sight alignment and practice; It will all come together.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Welcome to the world of dry firing. Empty your Glock and make sure there's no ammo anywhere in the room. Now pick a spot and aim, slowly squeeze the trigger until you hear that click that means the firing pin has released. Reset and try again. Work to keep the sights on your target and have a clean break on the trigger. It will get better and you'll do fine at a GSSF match, you're going for fun aren't you? ;f

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Go to the GSSF match in San Antonio this December. YOu can get a lot of great help there and have a good time too!

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

It will get better!

Read THIS and study it, there is a ton of good information in that thread!

I'm also going to touch on something The Void mentioned. If you are not shooting that well right now, come out and shoot GSSF anyway, you stand a better chance of winning a pistol then I do, and I have finished in mid "A" class in both matches I have shot. I'm not good enough (YET) to finish at the top of "A" class, so I won't be winning a gun that way, and my scores are to high to fall in to B class, so I'm stuck in no mans land. You on the other hand may wind up on top of "C" class or "B" class. You can also come out and see the Master class shooters and you can learn from them.

Come out and give it a try, you won't regret it. It's a very low pressure atmosphere, and if you tell the RO's that you are a new shooter, they will help you out.

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Focus on your sights (not just the front) and the target. Watch the sights as they lift through recoil. Keep watching and practiceing until you know what the sights do and how they move in recoil. Then comes step 2