GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Not sure. But Madison is over the top liberal. Not really representative of much of the state. Used to go down there when the kids wrestled, there was always some kind of protest going on.
Madison is nuts. I was at the University of Wisconsin there back in the mid '90s for a few days to install a piece of equipment in the geology lab, and for some reason one night in my hotel room was thumbing through some sort of newspaper. I remember looking at a list of campus groups, and the one I've never forgotten was a group for, and I kid you not (wish now I'd saved the paper), 'lesbian daughters of holocaust survivors'. It seemed like such a niche that I wondered just how many of them there could be there, and being surprised there could be enough to form a group.

-Pat

·
Registered
74,410 Posts
https://jonathanturley.org/2020/10/...usly-vote-to-remove-lincoln-statue-as-racist/
"The student government has now voted unanimously in favor of a resolution that calls for the removal of the Abraham Lincoln statue on campus. The students declared that the president who signed the Emancipation Proclamation, advocated for the 13th Amendment, and led the war against the South and slavery was “not pro-Black” and a “remnant of White Supremacy.”
Cultural Marxism is cancer of the body politic.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
17,476 Posts
And some adult needs to tell the students to go pound sand.
ABSOLUTELY!!! They can say what they want and now we know. Goodee. Now it's up to the adults to thank them for their input but tell them it's time to GTFO!!!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Folks, I'm an old man, I grew up in the Deep South and I went to really good public schools. We were taught to revere Abe Lincoln, mainly because it was his policies that kept the Radical Republicans from laying waste to the South after the War, a'la what the Germans did to the French and the French did to the Germans later on. Lincoln for of his faults was a human being trying to stand above the meanness that war creates.

So many of these young people and adults are clueless....they get their history lessons from sound bites from idiot professors and would be intellectuals.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
17,476 Posts
Maybe we can pull all of their federal funding, aid, and eeo protections?
That would be a great start. However, I don't see it happening because at the first cry of RACISM! or not being fair or any of myriad BS that they whine about it would be ended. The gov't folds like a cheap tent if they think they've offended <GASP!> anyone.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
17,476 Posts
New decree from ANTIFA:
-- Anyone who lived in the past was racist and should be eliminated.
That concisely sums it up. EVERYTHING they don't approve of (statues and monuments, etc.) should be eliminated. Not a very good way to let people see the past (or be doomed to repeat it...) and learn from it. Also one of the STOOOOOOPIDEST things being embraced by the uneducated thugs and violent miscreants yet. :steamed::steamed::steamed:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
These students are stupid, ignorant, brainwashed results of radical college professors, who hate this country and ought to be tarred and feathered. Egypt was a slave empire, Rome was a slave empire, Islam was a slave empire. I dont see anyone tearing down the pyramids and Rome or burning Mecca. I am sick of these ignorant twits. They should be horse whipped.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I knew it was a matter of time, but I assumed the Founding Fathers would be erased before they got to Lincoln. Of course, Honest Abe had feelings about the black man that would only appeal to such men as Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, but I'm confident the students are unaware of any of that.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts