close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wisconsin members; where do you shoot?

Discussion in 'Midwest Glockers' started by lightsareout, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

FSA rules from their website: Shoot any handgun. Shoot your shotgun. Rifles up to .308 are welcome as well (no magnum, 30-06, .50BMG ... ask us if unsure).

2. fepowered

fepowered

I have the $25 annual membership so it costs me $17 per hour and $10 for a second shooter in the same lane. This means that 2 shooters can go an hour for $14ish each. This is nice when the snow is blowing or you do not want to walk 50 yards in the mud puddles to set up your targets outside after driving 20 minutes one way. I can drive less than 5 minutes and get in and get out then back to the rest of my day. Time savings (and convenience) is worth the cost. I have been there 4 times in the past year.

Shotguns are no longer welcome. Idiots wrecking things...

3. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

10-4. Someday I'll make it there to see what they're all about.

4. vulcan71

vulcan71

Anyone from the Greater Milwaukee area?

5. pugman

pugman

About 40 miles due west towards Madison

6. Glock9039

Glock9039 .40 Glock Fan

Live a little south of Muskego,WI

7. Doc Holliday007

Doc Holliday007

Down Range in Kaukauna, WI - indoor range.

8. tobby

tobby

I shoot at the Colfax Sportsmens Club, $20 per year membership. A friend and I are building a steel challenge range at his place and are nearly done with it. I am heading there in an hour.

Tobby

9. BrthrB

BrthrB

Onalaska / La Crosse has a Gander Mountain, "Gander Academy", indoor range that is decent. I've done their live fire and their 300 degree Simulator range for LE training. Last time I checked, range fees were running $25.00 an hour!

There are several other ranges (in the La Crosse area) open to the public, they also have membership fees.

La Crosse PD and Western Technical College have indoor ranges but they are not open to the public.

10. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

I actually moved about 3 years ago, now I shoot at the Kaukauna Sportsman's Club. Can't go wrong with $20/year for a covered 100yd range.

11. HeruMew

HeruMew

I see someone mentioned this one. But:
    Anyone close to Superior can go to George Constance Rifle Range. Great range, ran on donations. Free to enter, but please leave a few bucks and pick up any brass you use, leave any you dont reload in the brass boxes for extra donation to them.

I know its not indoor either, where i am from, we cant even have indoor ranges.

I go 10 times a year on average to hit their 100yd-200yd target, i am limited on my distance at home, but can pistol shoot all day. They have concrete benches that are always covered. Pretty cool people, especially when the a-hole with a muzzle broke ar (me) has no choice but to sit next to the guy with the 22lr. And no one seems to mind as long as you dont mag dump without warning.

Reapectful as long ad "we" are. I should say.

Love the range, dont really like the city much, but make it out there from good 'ol Minnesota from time to time.

Now if only i could find a freeplace north of Duluth!

12. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I shoot at Daniel Boone near holy hill and menomonee falls gun club. Both great places.

13. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I stopped shooting there about a year ago. Had been a member 20 years. Used to love the sporting clays range , but the guy that owned it was losing money.

Now I shoot clays at wild wings , and Waukesha and the remington range , and wern valley.

14. Wishoot

Wishoot

I worked about a mile from Waukesha Gun Club and had a membership there for a few years. I let it expire when I began working from home though.

Wern Valley has a nice sporting clays course. Haven't shot there in a few years though.

Come to think of it, I haven't done much in the way of shotgun sports in in couple of years.

The Saukville club is fine for me. I typically shoot rifle and pistol on the outdoor range. It's fairly inexpensive and it's only a 12 minute drive.

15. damando5

damando5

http://ripongunclub.com/
    Ripon Rifle & Pistol Club

PO Box 543, Ripon WI 54971
    (920)748-5371

oh by the way I am just down the road from the Montello range (hear them every weekend) I can verify that they use shotguns for sure.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  16. Will Rudy

Will Rudy