Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ok I’m guessing that everyone is still alive. That being said why in the cinnamon toast **** didn’t the backup officer do a mag dump into that ******* after he shot at her partner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
As trainers, we've reviewed the video. There are some deep training and response issues seen in the video. There is a long list I could go into but suffice it to say, I hope every LEO takes what they see in this and learns or reminds themselves of what NOT to do.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Back in the old days. We always swarmed the car at the end of a pursuit, jerked the suspect out of whatever opening available and, took him into custody with the minimum amount of force necessary.

We all, including the suspect, surprisingly, survived.

Fortunately, training and tactics have evolved.

You and your partner, in a cross fire, while mashing your face into the windshield to see what the suspect is doing, is not a very smart move.

Reactions: G26-Has-my-6

·
Semper Paratus
29,100 Posts
Total training screw up for that agency the male officer that ran IN FRONT of the car is totally to blame for the screw up . The officers are damn lucky they did not shoot each other , I thought the female engaged late initially , but I am withholding criticism of her since I don't know what she saw and the idiot guy ran into her field of fire .

Hold your position get backup and call them out of the car behind cover preferably with rifles .

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
but the whole time her finger was outside the trigger even before the shooting started

Building Asphalt Sports equipment Automotive lighting Entertainment

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

and after too

·
SuperOwner
8,052 Posts
Look at it again... she was at slide lock.
Yeah it only gets worse the closer you look. Video shows she made no attempt to clear it (until well after BG was gone).

Also read the innocent female P/U driver was critically injured from the crash. An all-around **** show for sure.

·
SuperOwner
8,052 Posts
and after too
Exactly. Not sure why she did not mag-dump him the instant he engaged #1. She just started backing up, finger still indexed. #1 fled, got around the pickup to re-engage, and that is when it appeared she fired 1-2 rounds and her gun slide locked or jammed, then bugged out. No attempt to clear or get back in fight like #1 did.

·
Massive Member
26,033 Posts
Even the wounded cop reloaded before she did that, didn't he?

His tactics were bad at the beginning but he stayed in the fight at least. Even after being surprised and shot immediately.

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The female officer fires 3 times when she is by the open car door. The gun jams, slide partially back.
She moves away, and fires 2-3 more times as the suspect flees the car.

From the WI state pistol qualification, that includes 2 malfunction drills, the 1st step in clearing the malfunction, is to get behind cover.

This is a soup sandwich. You have a multi vehicle crash, caused by a fleeing suspect.
The officers have to be concerned about protecting the scene, assessing the injured, and a suspect that just caused the crash.
Not to mention the person showing up at the scene to yell at the officers.

I don't know how often anyone has dealt with deployed side curtain airbags, but they are a PITA. They don't deflate at all. They block view of the passenger compartment.

I don't know what the right answer is with this situation, ie if you stay behind the suspect car, you can't see the driver, and possibly put the driver of the victim vehicle in the line of fire. If you "slow it down" to deal with the suspect driver, it will take longer to get aid to the victim(s). etc.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I started playing this vid this morning with my guys in checkout. Getting their thoughts going on what’s right and wrong and developing their thought processes

Reactions: LilCop2002

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
"My son did not jump out the car and shoot at an officer," Tahnisha Lamb said.

Yeah, about that. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts