Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
Interesting, not that the restrictions are unconstitutional, but that the executive is just not valid because they were unilateral and not in conjunction with their legislature. I guess it was so far out of line with the emergency stature, constitutionality didn’t get considered.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Governor “by golly folks” got slapped. He’s destroying our state. Care to guess which party he is?

Reactions: Quijibo

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Interesting, not that the restrictions are unconstitutional, but that the executive is just not valid because they were unilateral and not in conjunction with their legislature. I guess it was so far out of line with the emergency stature, constitutionality didn’t get considered.
Pretty much. Democratic Party power grab.

Reactions: Quijibo

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Counties and cities can enact their own.

13 counties already adopted them. This said many people are starting to ignore it. Bars were open inside of 45 minutes of the verdict. Sheriff departments and local PD already say they won't enforce it due to limited manpower and focusing on real issues.

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts
It was, at least partly, a decision on constitutionality. Separation of powers is a constitutional issue much more basic than anything in the Bill of Rights.

"The Legislature's claim is grounded in the concept of separation of powers that is inherent in the Wisconsin Constitution. We previously have concluded that petitioners had standing to sue when, as legislators, they claimed that a member of the executive branch invaded the Legislature's core powers."

Wisconsin Legislature v. Palm, 2020 WI 42, ¶ 13.

Whole opinion.
https://law.justia.com/cases/wisconsin/supreme-court/2020/2020ap000765-oa.html

Reactions: agtman

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Governor “by golly folks” got slapped. He’s destroying our state. Care to guess which party he is?
I keep referencing Governor By Golly. The humor is probably missed by non WI people. Here’s the background.
9B42AB30-7658-4690-9946-24B63421150C.jpeg

That’s his first “by golly” incident. At least he’s stopped “the will of the people” crap. “Folks” is still going strong. All three in one post for the trifecta. He’s an idiot.

Reactions: shadowgunner9

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I'll bet that every Dim governor in the country is pressuring WI not to appeal to SCOTUS.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,766 Posts
I keep referencing Governor By Golly. The humor is probably missed by non WI people. Here’s the background.
View attachment 757694
That’s his first “by golly” incident. At least he’s stopped “the will of the people” crap. “Folks” is still going strong. All three in one post for the trifecta. He’s an idiot.

TRUE THAT!!! So, I am going to see what is and is not open around me.
Wish me luck.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
EC732083-FE54-4670-BC0B-9B79736EF492.jpeg

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,499 Posts

What a ****ing idiot.

No, moron, the "will of the people" is absolutely NOT the Law of the Land. That would be the Constitution of the United States of America.

Jeeeeze.....what a raging moron.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
dicktaters all want to dicktate

Reactions: Bish1309

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
It was, at least partly, a decision on constitutionality. Separation of powers is a constitutional issue much more basic than anything in the Bill of Rights.

.......l
Thanks. Not the part of the Constitution I was hoping for but .... OK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts