GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Friend live NorthWest of Albuquerque NM, they had Snow yesterday, deep snow. Thee Dog Night, poor guy only has one dog.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Pretty much the story of Nebraska. Long summer and winter, separated by a few weeks of spring and fall. Better than SD where my son lives. Their saying is "There are 2 seasons in SD, winter and 4th of July".

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
B1347BCB-6695-4A25-AD13-20EFAD790E26.png
Yupp, no fall this year.
We will have snow on the ground for 6 months at a minimum.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,340 Posts
79CA5102-FEE7-48DA-9786-FC94BFD68CD7.jpeg
BBDEDAD8-6C90-44A4-BF93-BD5F377DB0CD.jpeg
"Global warming", my rear-end.

I THINK we're in for a harsh winter, here. (I'm about 25 miles South East of the White House.)

The trees are getting prepared for winter. Leaves are falling off the trees earlier and faster than the last several years.
i have a LARGE, gorgeous Pin Oak tree that I planted as a 6' tall sapling, when we moved into this house, that's now over 30 feet tall. When planted, I could pick the little tree up by wrapping my hand around the trunk. Now....... two people can't hold hands and wrap their arms around the tree.
It has never lost this many leaves, this early, since it was planted.
I'm using the leaf blower to clear my driveway, on average, twice a day.

We've got a beautiful Sugar Maple that I planted in the back yard.
I've got photos on my phone, taken exactly one year apart. 10/24/19 and 10/24/20.
Last year, the tree was beautiful with LOTS of color.
This year, the colors are there, but, about half of those beautiful leaves are on the ground.
(Yes, the back yard is muddy. Just aerated the lawn, seeded, fertilized added topsoil, and watered the Hell out of it!)

I welcome the cooler weather, but, winter and snow can kiss my rear-end.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
From my hike Sunday. 19 degrees.
Snowy Gold Hill Trail.jpg

Reactions: pgg00

·
Armed Yankee
452 Posts
I live in New England, and we sure got a lovely fall this year. Here's a photo of the back of my house, taken by drone last week.

DJI_0183_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

·
Registered
18,054 Posts
It's 27 right now with ice/snow on the ground, in KS. That said, Fall temps (60s) will return in a few days. That's how KS rolls.
I had just a skiff of snow out of that storm. It is a little better today but they keep predicting freezing rain for the next couple of days. My AO could use the moisture but not the ice. I am back to breaking ice for the tenants cattle and keeping them watered, I don't mind draining the hose but keeping the tank clear is another story. The ice needs to be tossed over the fence so the cows don't slip on it and get hurt. I am ready for the warmup.

Reactions: Schrag4
41 - 50 of 50 Posts