GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Director of civil unrest
8,553 Posts
28 degrees on my motorcycle ride to work this morning. It isn't supposed to be this cold yet!

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
The secret to surviving a brutal 55°F winter day is to put on layers. You need to look like the Michelin Man every time you go trudging across the tundra.

·
Horselover Fat
32,130 Posts
It’s 2020. Hold on!

I went for chicken at 2 this afternoon and got caught in a sleet storm! More tonight and tomorrow too! Ice everywhere! Limbs breaking off on north side. This year can’t expire soon enough!!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
we've had spells of typical cooler weather here, actually this morning is nice. but it's been pretty warm here even still, with Nov. on the horizon. 80-85 daytime and 70-75 at night still. and it is still humid.
Yeah it has been humid as a bastid hasn’t it. :steamed:

·
Director of civil unrest
8,553 Posts
I love riding in the cold, but I use a heated jacket and sometimes heated gloves.
Yep. I have heated grips and a heated vest. Otherwise I wouldn't ride in the cold. My cutoff is about 24 degrees. Looks like I might be spending and extra few weeks off the bikes this season if this nonsense keeps up.

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
Fall is my favorite time of year and we don’t get enough of it. Still waiting on summer to end down here in Florida.
Where I am, summer usually ends right before Christmas. Starts back a couple weeks after that. We get a couple jacket teaser days then it's back to shorts and sandals. I don't even know what fall is.

·
Rational
14,224 Posts
It's 27 degrees right now in Sweet Home Oregon at 527 feet elevation. A couple weeks ago, it was pushing 80 in the daytime and 60 at night.

Correction: it's 41, not 27.

:dunno:

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,739 Posts
Well I was up at 0600 this am, getting read to jump on Bicycle, and ride off last night Mexican Dinner. Hear this AWEFUL sound, wind chimes clanking, its the wind, and it's actually chilly this am.

It only 55 degrees on my patio, did some chores, now I am stilling outside wait for Rush to come on. Enjoy my morning Black Coffee, with a shot of Brandy, and a Cigar.

Hope this is a fluke, and fall will return for a while. Hate riding in the wind, high winds that is. Must be too windy down the road, as the U.S.A.F is normally up Monday making noise. Everything is quiet but wind chimes.

Understand some part of the USA are getting early "white stuff", I hate SNOW. Battle it ever year live in the Western Sierra's.
It was -9°F Monday AM, and it's +5°F right now (0047, 10/27/20) and dropping fast to a projected -11°F by sunrise this morning (Tuesday).

Yeah - winter officially arrives on Dec 22nd, and we're breaking low temp records every day it seems.

I'm in Zip 59840, Montana at 46.133° N Latitude, at 3200 feet altitude.

·
bene vivere
1,780 Posts
In my area right now.......
09034D6E-A435-4810-A056-A4BE605CBEE5.jpeg

·
Registered
19,505 Posts
Last night it was 26 here. 36 degrees right now.

Got home and discovered the wife had turned the furnace up. Had it at 65 degrees in the house. Turned it back to 50 degrees and opened the windows to cool the house back down. I hate having it that warm. Makes it hard to sleep

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

Got home and discovered the wife had turned the furnace up. Had it at 65 degrees in the house. Turned it back to 50 degrees and opened the windows to cool the house back down. I hate having it that warm. Makes it hard to sleep
Thats funny, I do the same thing. Usually don't turn the furnace on until around Thanksgiving here in MI. I coached ice hockey for 16 years, was at the rink for 4-5 days a week and basically lived in a refrigerator.

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
19,505 Posts
Thats funny, I do the same thing. Usually don't turn the furnace on until around Thanksgiving here in MI. I coached ice hockey for 16 years, was at the rink for 4-5 days a week and basically lived in a refrigerator.
I used to keep it in the 40s just to keep pipes from freezing. Then I made a mistake and got married.

Reactions: Wojo88

·
Registered
827 Posts
The lowest temp I've seen so far is 51 and right now it's 68 with a high of 80 today. Oh, and by the way, there is a Hurricane coming to see us in the next 36 hours.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
It was -9°F Monday AM, and it's +5°F right now (0047, 10/27/20) and dropping fast to a projected -11°F by sunrise this morning (Tuesday).

Yeah - winter officially arrives on Dec 22nd, and we're breaking low temp records every day it seems.

I'm in Zip 59840, Montana at 46.133° N Latitude, at 3200 feet altitude.
I am sure beautiful country but my god i do not comprehend how yall do it. that is inhospitable.

50?? are you hanging sides of meat in your bedroom as well?

·
Registered
19,505 Posts
I am sure beautiful country but my god i do not comprehend how yall do it. that is inhospitable.

50?? are you hanging sides of meat in your bedroom as well?
Nope. Just me in shorts and usually no blanket. Can't stand the heat.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
I'm at the family place in northern OK this week trying to do fall chores. Never got out of the 30s and rained never stopped yesterday. I never bothered to start a tractor.

It is supposed to be colder today with more rain and a possibility of freezing.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
My older sisters family lives in the UP of Michigan (Marquette) they get a few weeks of fall weather but basically its winter followed by a month of spring, a couple weeks of summer in July then fall starts and back to winter again and again.
Must be all the alcohol used up there in the Taverns, that keeps them going.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts