close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winning a Glock Question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Cambo, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Cambo

Cambo

I plan to shoot in a couple of GSSF Matches this summer (June and August) and was curious how many of you have won a Glock. What type did you pick? Did you win a random drawing or place first? Thanks for the info!

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I've won first place three times in about 5 years. First certificate I got a 34, the next one I used to get a 21, then finally I got a 17c. I can't play in the amateur catagories anymore, waaaah. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted! Now I'm in the deep end of the pool with the sharks!

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Last Year...I won a random or drawing (4) times...before that about three years ago I hovered in last place in A division when they had it and finally after missing a B win (4) times by .17 to 1.7 seconds I've won one pistol.In 2006 I ordered (4) model 17's....I've decided on that model and caliber to try to get better and consistant and not confuse myself....the goal this year is to break 70 seconds and have no entry worst than a 93.0.....that should keep me out of the running unless I break down and buy raffle tickets on the giveaways.:supergrin:

P.S September was really good to me...I shot in Missouri on Saturday and drove back to Detroit on Sunday that weekend....and won a Random on both days..:thumbsup:

4. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Hmmmm....with that much luck running, I hope you bought a lottery ticket that weekend!

:supergrin:

5. IMPALA SS

IMPALA SS

I won 2 first places in either amature civilian or competition class(forget which) in 2005, and a first place in amature civilian in 2006. I picked a 21,19 and od17 in that order. All wins were with a bone stock 17. I'm in the deep end of the pool now also, so now I have a fiber optic front sight(getting old--can't see). Welcome to GSSF, Good Luck,and have fun! Frank

6. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Let's see, hmmm. A few.

7. Houngan

Houngan

I've shot one match, won one pistol in the AmComp division. I bought a G30, so I can now compete in the MajorSub division, and I'm trying (long story) to buy a G17 for AmComp.

H.

8. DrKyle

DrKyle

I have shot in 2 matches, first one I won money - $50.00 second match won money $25.00 for 6th in am. civ & a gun for 1st in am comp. Have not picked the gun as of yet... still thinking. I will probably go with a 34 to replace the one I gave my girlfriend or a 35 to replace my heavily shot go-to-gun for competition. Good luck... you can win & the prizes are real. Have fun!

Kyle