close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Windows XP HOME SP2 CD

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mfackler, Dec 3, 2006.

1. mfackler

mfackler

I am thinking I need to do a repair install on a PC running Win XP Home SP2. I am missing some files in the help system. Anyway the CD has long since vanished and was probably an OEM "restore" CD anyway. I have a Win XP Pro CD, but I don't think that will work. I thought it was going to be easy to jump on bit torrent and grab a "clean" ISO. Here is the rub. I can't find any that have not already been cracked. That's not what I want A) it's not legal B) it won't do what I need.

A quick google search of course took me to post ending in "no warez request allowed here.

Mods please note: I respect this board more then to ask for anything that is not legal. I guess I am asking "Is it wrong for me (the holder of a license key for the PC I intend to use it on) to ask for an ISO copy of Windows XP Home? And if not where might I find such a beast?

Once again if anything in this post is illegal please lock/delete it immediately. Thats not my intension.

Thanks

Mike

2. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

That's something I could never understand. I have done the warez search for a Windows Xp SP2 ISO and it is not to be found.

The scary part about getting pointed to warez sites is they are full of spyware and all sorts of nasty crap.

I wish you could just ban those sites who do that sort of freaking ****.

I don't have the time to do an ISO for you but I can get it for you in the next couple of days.

I don't think it's illegal because you need the registration key in order to install and register it.

3. mfackler

mfackler

I sure would appreciate it NetNinja. I'll PM you my e-mail

Thanks

Mike

4. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

Keep in mind that your OEM key will NOT work on a regular XP Home CD. You must have an OEM CD for that specific manufacturer for your key to work.

5. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

if it gives you a number to call, you just call it, tell the guy the XP key, brand of computer, and where you bought the system.

they always give out a new key; where I work, i've had to do it with quite a few systems. never had a problem.

6. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

Have you tried doing a system restore yet?.. depending on how much space was allocated you might be able to go back as far as 2 months..

If that doesn't help.. fire up you ISP's usenet server...

7. mfackler

mfackler

I could still use this ISO if anyone is willing.

TIA

Mike