close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Windows Movie Maker - speed change

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Tvov, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Tvov

Tvov

Hey, I'm posting this here along with GNG to maybe get some more eyes on it...

My son has started playing around with "stop action" movies. It is actually quite easy, using a digital camera. Windows Movie Maker came with our PC. I know, there are plenty of other programs out there, but this is what we've got right now.

I may not be describing this well, and probably have the terms wrong, because this is all new to me....

My question is this: How do you speed up the "video" before saving it? The program seems to be playing the pictures in the clip back at a rate of like 4 seconds per picture (would that be .25fps [frame per second]?) It is pretty simple to copy the digital pictures into the program and line them up to make a "clip", but how do we change the speed before saving it?

Right now, the two short clips we've made are really slow when played at "normal" speed. Using Windows Media Player, we have too adjust the speed to something like 2.8 times normal to make them look halfway decent.

Thanks for any help!