close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Windows movie maker issue

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by srhoades, Mar 23, 2006.

1. srhoades

srhoades

First off be advised this is happening to a friends computer so I don't have all the details, but they are in a jam and need this fixed pronto.

From what they have told me, they have created a project that is around 12 minutes and is about 60 megabytes in size. THe video will play fine in windows, but when burning to a DVD it crashes around the 7 minute mark.

Apparently they have a Dell and Dell came out and replaced the drive and it still does the same thing and they have gone through 20+ DVDs.

Now my real question is this. I am not familiar with windows movie maker whatsoever. However my plan is to just save the file as an MPEG, burn it as a data file, and them import it my version of Pinacle and burn it from there. ANybody sees any reason why that wouldn't work or have a better solution?

2. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

That's pretty much what I'd try as well.

I've never used the Windows Movie Maker either, but if you can save it as Windows AVI and then import it into Pinnacle, you'll probably get better results (i.e. letting Pinnacle do the MPEG2 rendering).

3. srhoades

srhoades

Fortunantely she fixed it on her own with the few suggestions I had for her. I don't know what format it was attempting to write to the DVD but I told to try AVI and it worked. So all is good.