Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Windham SRC (the model without the sights, just rails). I am impressed with this rifle. Appears to be well made. I did test fire about 20 rounds through it with no optics, and it ran great. Need to get some BUIS and eventually a scope or red dot.
I searched thread titles on Glock Talk for "Windham" in this "Black Rifle Forum" and the reviews were overwhelmingly positive.
Would like to hear from those who have one of these as to how they are holding up, with information such as when purchased and round count estimates.

· INFRINGED
42,158 Posts
They are well made.

Back in the day there were three AR's that were worthy enough to own. Armalite, Bushmaster, and Colt. Bushmaster was bought out and QC went straight into the crapper. The guys that used to own and work for Bushmaster started Windham Weapons. All the old quality is still there, just under the WW name.

My Windham made Bushmaster rifles are still plugging along all these years later.

· Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never had a doubt that it would run great. They make some quality stuff over there.
I really did not have any doubt either. My friend also bought an identical rifle at the same time I did (excellent Memorial Day weekend sale). He also got a Vortex Strikefire. He put well over a 100 rounds through his the same day I only put 20 through mine. It ran great.

By the way, today I put a Burris Tac 30 on layaway. Could not pass up the great sale at the same LGS I bought the Windham. It will be fun to try a scope on the new Windham. Might be a while before I can pick it up.

· Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, i picked up my Burris Tac30 that i had on layaway with a Weaver 1 piece mount, mounted it last night and put the Windham through 90 rounds today with the new Tac30. All I can say is that I am impressed with my set-up. By the way, the rifle functioned fine.

· Registered
7,556 Posts
I bought the SRC on Black Friday last, $720 and change. Since that time I have added: ambidextrious safety, single point sling attachment ring, Magpul stock, Magpul handguards, Magpul angled fore grip, single point sling, Magpul rear sight, no name metal front sight, Lucid HD7 red dot, Olight tactical light, 5 pack of metal mags with the Magpul followers from PSA. Finished putting all the extras on a few weeks ago, now just need to find time to get to the range and sight in, I have put about 2 mags thru so far, no failures.

An opportunity has came up to do a beginner carbine class in about 5 weeks, I think I'm going to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.