close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester Power Point 100gr ,243 Winchester

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by trapfan, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. trapfan

    trapfan Got Glock?

    Messages:
    245
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2001
    Location:
    Michigan, U.S.A
    Has anyone used this ammo on a big game animal? Reason I am asking is I sighted in a .243 Winchester chambered rifle with this round
    (Was given 5 boxes) and have never used/know anyone who has used this brand ammo. The ammo is the cheap silver $12.99 a box plain Win Power Point. I was told it was like the Remington Core-Lokt as far as performance by the store people but thought I would ask here for some real world responses.
     
  2. TexAg

    TexAg

    Messages:
    299
    Likes Received:
    1
    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2004
    Location:
    DFW
    I've used 100 grain 6mm Remington ammo from Federal, Winchester and Remington, all are soft lead tipped and all have worked perfectly fine on white tails, 90% of them dropping right in their tracks and the other 10% going no more than 30 yards. The .243 and 6mm are almost identical and so is the bullet construction, you should have no problems. Lucky you! 5 free boxes!