close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester Gave Me 101 Rounds...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BuffaloXJ, Feb 12, 2010.

1. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

Just strolled by my Walmart and noticed they had a BUNCH of ammo in stock, so I decided to pick up a few boxes of 9mm and .40s&w to stock up (I have less than 1k TOTAL in ammo, so I'm not a cause of the shortage [​IMG] ).

When I got home, I opened up one of the 9mm boxes to see how they were packaged (loosely of course) and ensure there was nothing visibly wrong with the casings or what have you. As I was putting them back in the box, I decided to count. First box I counted had 101 rounds instead of the 100 rounds in the box of Winchester Whitebox ammo.

So, has anyone else had this happen to them? Anyone ever make out with more than an extra 1 round? Anybody ever been short a few rounds?

Repost Whoops: My mistake, I accidentally posted this in the General Glocking, when I meant to post it in the GNG Lounge. I'm interested in hearing if this is rare or common with WWB, because if it's common I'll start counting every box in the store to make sure I wasn't shorted. Got a few responses in the first thread that I think others could benefit from as this is knowledge that affects all of us.

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

I was shorted a few rounds before now I don't buy Winchester ammo.

3. SoonerSoftail

SoonerSoftail Go Sooners!

Every 100 round box of Winchester ammo I've bought has had 101 or 102 rounds. I like it!

4. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

Understandable. I will continue to purchase them and just keep track of how many times I was shorted/gifted and if it ever comes to me getting less than what I'm paying for, I'll stop buying them for a while.

It was just a pleasant surprise that I hope to reap the benefits of again!

edit: Oh, and I took the extra 1 round back, but they said I needed a receipt... :whistling:

5. js0ne

js0ne

i replied to you other post on how I constantly got 101 rounds, i've since not used WWB cause Federal was more accurate (for me) and cheaper $9.47/50 vs. $21.97/100 of WWB

6. byf43

byf43 NRA Endowment Life Member

The reason there's 101 rounds in a 100 round box, is because they've been bought out by the people that make "Cracker Jack".

You see. . . there's a surprise in every box.

They don't tell you, but, ONE of the rounds in the box, doesn't have any POWDER in it.
    THAT is the surprise!!!!!!!:supergrin:

j/k!:whistling:

7. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

I've been averaging 102 rounds...never less than 100 yet................

8. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

Even if that were the case, which I could see as highly possible, it gives me an extra case free. Also, it will help me deal with FTF's without me knowing about it!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  9. js0ne

js0ne

not when the primer pushes the bullet 1/2 way down the barrel :shocked:

10. bluenoise

bluenoise

I've never counted them, but now I'm curious. I still have ten unopened 100-round boxes of WWB at home.

11. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

I've had as many as 103 rounds in a box of WWB 9mm. and a couple of boxes had 99. I'm still ahead on the count so I dont complain.

12. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

You get 101 cartridges because Winchester knows that 9mm shooters have such low esteem due to an understandable envy of folk who buy 10mm and .45 ACP ammunition. :tongueout:

Think of Winchester as the Dr. Phil of the ammunition business. :supergrin:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  13. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

:wedgie::tongueout:

14. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

THANK YOU for expressing 'c' in cgs units! I got sick of dealing in cgs, mks and the stupid american system and having to memorize constants in all 3 different unitary systems. Although, you should be expressing sec's as sec^-1. It makes more sense that way...

15. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

MKS (meter-kilogram-second-Newton) and CGS (centimeter-gram-second-dyne) are pretty much obsolete and have been rolled into the SI (le Système international d'unités) nomenclature which is essentially the old MKS system.

The metric system has been around since the early 19th century and was allowed in the United States sometime in the 1870s. If I recall, in the mid-1970s, Congress passed a law that all highway signs would be expressed in metric units. Working well so far, ain't it? :supergrin:

After many, many years of international engineering, I am comfortable with both the SI and English system, although it sort of neato to drive at 100 KPH in Europe when it really isn't that much faster than 70 MPH around here. :supergrin:

My 1970 CRC Handbook has a section about a half inch (1.270 centitimeter) with conversions from one unit of measure to another. Most units are archaic, but I always had to wonder why I would need to convert chains to rods or barleycorns to inches. :headscratch:

Isn't 1 sec^-1 = 1 Hertz?

16. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

I can tell you for a fact that mks and cgs are NOT obsolete in the world of astrophysics.

In fact, my Naval Research Laboratory:plasma Formulary is all in mks...or at least the majority of it is!

[/hijacking-my-thread]

17. Glock Noob

Glock Noob

I just got back from wallyworld. Bought some candy and two boxes of 9mm federal. Looked in the bag in the parking lot and just saw my receipt was charged for one box. Whooo Hooo!

18. bchandler

bchandler

Might want to reevaluate your comfort level: 100kph is only a little over 60mph ;)

19. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

100 here everytime.

20. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Grant me some slack. I'm really old. :fred: :supergrin:

Funny event: a town I lived in in the 1980s decided to replace all of the speed limit signs with metric equivalents. Thus, the 35 MPH signs all became 60 KPH signs, allowing drivers a bonus 2 miles per hour.

As you can guess ... they had to scrap the system because all of the drivers were driving 60 miles per hour.

If I can pass along one thing to the younger engoineers and scientists: be unit agnostic. Units of measure are all arbitrary anyway, so there's no reason to lobby for one over the other. Use whatever the suit and tie guys in big offices decide to use. Never try to explain anything to suit and tie guys in big offices. Never believe a suit and tie guy in a big office when he tells you you have done a good job (18 hours per days, 7 days a week for the last month) that he appreciates it and he'll take care of you for all the extra time. Suit and tie guys in big offices will never understand the appeal of engineers defeating and by-passing security systems as an intellectual exercise.

:supergrin: