close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester 1300 mag extensions

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by dajcarroll, Aug 8, 2012.

1. dajcarroll

dajcarroll

TacStar vs. ATI mag tube extension. The TacStar is about $57.00, and the ATI is about $30... is the TacStar worth the extra cash or will the ATI work just fine? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Both add 2 for a total of 7 to a non-Defender model. I've got a Ranger (4+1), and looking at add a few rounds. Looks like the both come with new springs, but the TacStar has a clamp included, and the ATI doesn't. Any other brands I need to look at? - 22" smooth cyl bore barrel with rifle sights.

G19 - Gen 3
    G37 - Gen 3
    Winchester 1300 Ranger 12 Ga.
    NEF Pardner SBI 12 Ga.
    Savage 24 O/U - .22LR/410

2. Kentguy

Kentguy

djacarroll,

I have a 12 gauge Winchester model 1300 and I purchased a "ProMag Magazine Tube Extension" for it some time ago.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/94...-winchester-1300-12-gauge-2-round-matte-black

I have shot at least 6-7 different brands/types of 12g shells through my gun and this extension works great every time.

Now several of my friends (who have different brands of 12g shotguns) have purchased the TacStar and really like this product. I have been with them at the range and have not seen any failure to feed issues at all.

Just from my observation... spend the extra couple of bucks and pick up the TacStar.

I hope this helps.

Alan

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

3. dajcarroll

dajcarroll

Thank you for the response. Your input was very helpful.

G19 - Gen 3
    G37 - Gen 3
    Winchester 1300 Ranger 12 Ga.
    NEF Pardner SBI 12 Ga.
    Savage 24 O/U - .22LR/410