Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own one of the Wilson Combat EDC or EDC X9 pistols? If so, are they really the bomb? Are they worth the money?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I love mine! Zero issues it feeds everything I have tried with no malfunctions of any kind. I have one with an RMR. I really like this pistol.
IMG_1590.JPG

·
NRA Life Member
5,025 Posts
They shoot well, great ergos... I rented one and was very impressed.

The price keeps me from getting one....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had one. I expected “more”. I took it to the range the first day I got it along with a CZ P01 omega I had Canjunized and had never shot before.

shot the CZ better than the X9 and couldn’t justify keeping it knowing that. Sold it for a profit online and still have the CZ.

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,578 Posts
I own four WC pistols, all in 45 ACP. I can't fathom that kind of money for a 9mm. If my 19 and 26 were to disappear from the face of the earth I would obtain new ones.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love mine! Zero issues it feeds everything I have tried with no malfunctions of any kind. I have one with an RMR. I really like this pistol.
View attachment 751354
I really like the way it looks. The EDC X9 is a beautiful pistol with or without the RMR. Thanks for posting the picture. Makes my wishometer start whirling at high speed. If only I had the money for it.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had one. I expected “more”. I took it to the range the first day I got it along with a CZ P01 omega I had Canjunized and had never shot before.

shot the CZ better than the X9 and couldn’t justify keeping it knowing that. Sold it for a profit online and still have the CZ.
I also have a CZ PO1, although not an Omega. I also had sent mine to the Cajun man and had the trigger enhanced. I know what you mean. You just can't miss with that pistol. I have several other CZ 75's and a CZ 97 B pistol. On these pistols I ordered the trigger kit from the Cajun and did the trigger jobs myself and they are the same way. You just can't miss with them.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One other double stack you can look at for a better price too .

BUL ARMORY SAS II Ultra Light -22ounce $1270.00 too

Theres also a VIPER model . A Ultra Light with dot optic and compensator

http://gparms.com/sas-ii-ultra-light/

That is a very good looking pistol too. I will have to search on You tube and see if I can find a review of this pistol. Thanks for posting the pic and for the tip on the pistol. I had never heard of it before.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts

You got a nice pistol right there!
Any CZ I've shot is just accurate as all get out.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Love mine. Been looking for a SAO double stack carry size gun basically as long as I've owned guns, this one finally fits as it has a proper trigger and safety location (CZ need not apply, hate their safeties, don't like the compact ergos) so it is the ideal gun for me.

On clearance and sales, mags can be had for $25-30, got my 15 rounders from Midway for $25 a whole back.

Feels good in the hand, but not as good as a 1911, it's slightly different in the beavertail and I can't get as high on the grip as I like, feels more like a SIG 229 Legion, my trigger is as good as a decent 1911 but not quite as good as a semi custom or custom, but mine is very close to my dad's CQB.

Accurate as all heck and dead reliable, very easy to shoot and very easy to carry.

Holsters can be a pain to find, and the finish didn't hold up all that well in my daily holster, but that's a common issue with Wilson finish and I don't care about holster wear on a carry gun.

GunBroker and Grabagun can yield these for much less than the $2900 MSRP, I got mine for $2350 on Grabagun and, yes, it is twice the gun my 226 Legion is, in my eyes.

Sure, you could get 5-6 Glocks or whatever, but then you'd have 5-6 Glocks that (if you're me) you probably won't use anyway. Once I got my Wilson, everything but my Glock 19 has gone into the "gonna sell if I find a deal" category, with the exception of a few of my Dan Wessons.

Is it for everyone? Probably not, but it's the gun I've always been looking for so im very happy, planning to liquidate guns to buy a backup, in fact.

However, it is worth to keep an eye out for the new DWX from Dan Wesson, that one is half the price and looks like it will be amazing.

IMG_20200224_133153033.jpg

Reactions: -JCN- and dbuck47

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you f
Love mine. Been looking for a SAO double stack carry size gun basically as long as I've owned guns, this one finally fits as it has a proper trigger and safety location (CZ need not apply, hate their safeties, don't like the compact ergos) so it is the ideal gun for me.

On clearance and sales, mags can be had for $25-30, got my 15 rounders from Midway for $25 a whole back.

Feels good in the hand, but not as good as a 1911, it's slightly different in the beavertail and I can't get as high on the grip as I like, feels more like a SIG 229 Legion, my trigger is as good as a decent 1911 but not quite as good as a semi custom or custom, but mine is very close to my dad's CQB.

Accurate as all heck and dead reliable, very easy to shoot and very easy to carry.

Holsters can be a pain to find, and the finish didn't hold up all that well in my daily holster, but that's a common issue with Wilson finish and I don't care about holster wear on a carry gun.

GunBroker and Grabagun can yield these for much less than the $2900 MSRP, I got mine for $2350 on Grabagun and, yes, it is twice the gun my 226 Legion is, in my eyes.

Sure, you could get 5-6 Glocks or whatever, but then you'd have 5-6 Glocks that (if you're me) you probably won't use anyway. Once I got my Wilson, everything but my Glock 19 has gone into the "gonna sell if I find a deal" category, with the exception of a few of my Dan Wessons.

Is it for everyone? Probably not, but it's the gun I've always been looking for so im very happy, planning to liquidate guns to buy a backup, in fact.

However, it is worth to keep an eye out for the new DWX from Dan Wesson, that one is half the price and looks like it will be amazing.

View attachment 751388 [/QUOTE
Thank you for that detailed post and the pic of the beautiful pistol.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
A friend of mine carries one, and I've shot it. It was very accurate and easy to shoot. No issues at the range. Not something I'd buy though. Although my Nighthawk T3 is a different caliber and single stack, it's similar in price. And I'd take the T3 all day long over it.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
A friend of mine carries one, and I've shot it. It was very accurate and easy to shoot. No issues at the range. Not something I'd buy though. Although my Nighthawk T3 is a different caliber and single stack, it's similar in price. And I'd take the T3 all day long over it.
Problem is the single stack. That's the selling point, for me, is a useful double stack with a 1911 trigger and safety location. I've tried some STI and various cheaper double stack 2011s and the grip is just too fat for useful concealment for me. The X9 is a perfect size (Glock 19 nailed the CCW size for me and this is quite close).

If we are just talking single stack 1911s, sure, it's no 1911. It's not supposed to be and won't hold up to semi-custom 1911s side by side.

Though it does have a better reputation for reliability than many 1911s and I can attest mine will eat anything, round nose, wadcutter, fat flat nose 147s, all kinds of hollow points. Some of my 1911s and many higher end ones, including Wilson and Nighthawk tend to be a bit pickier about ammo. Heck, I just shot up a batch of 147 grain flat nose in my EDC X9 last week that will choke my dad's CQB 90% of the time, and the CQB is a much nicer gun in terms of build quality.

Reactions: -JCN- and Seaweed02

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would really like to handle one myself. The price tag is a little high for me to just buy it without seeing how it feels in my hand. Even the Glock 45 I just bought last month, I rented one at an indoor gun range before buying. Are there any stores that carry Wilson Combat pistols in stock? I live in Arizona.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
I would really like to handle one myself. The price tag is a little high for me to just buy it without seeing how it feels in my hand. Even the Glock 45 I just bought last month, I rented one at an indoor gun range before buying. Are there any stores that carry Wilson Combat pistols in stock? I live in Arizona.
Absolutely a great idea. If you go in expecting it to feel like a 1911, you will almost certainly be disappointed. It feels more akin to a SIG legion 229 in the hand to me, though frankly that actually feels a bit better to me. If they offered a 229 Legion that was lighter I may not have even got the Wilson, but both the 226 and 229 are just too heavy for EDC and my back.

I'm in the Midwest, else I'd offer to let you shoot mine.

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Absolutely a great idea. If you go in expecting it to feel like a 1911, you will almost certainly be disappointed. It feels more akin to a SIG legion 229 in the hand to me, though frankly that actually feels a bit better to me. If they offered a 229 Legion that was lighter I may not have even got the Wilson, but both the 226 and 229 are just too heavy for EDC and my back.

I'm in the Midwest, else I'd offer to let you shoot mine.
Thank you. I appreciate the thought. But I just wish there was a dealer near me here in Arizona that stocked Wilson Combat pistols. It would make buying them a lot easier.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts