Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Getting further away from 1911 every day.
Wilson, has been bound and determined to build a high cap. 9mm pistol for quite some time, for whatever reason. They've had failures, in their past attempts.

It appears they may have hit the mark, with this pistol. It does deviate from the 1911 in a number of ways, but there's still (alot) of 1911 in the pistol.

At 2900.00, it remains to be seen, whether they can generate enough sales to keep the pistol in the Wilson line. It's not for your typical buyer. It's for people such as myself, that appreciate higher quality guns, and are willing to pay the price for them.

With all that being said (sorry for the rambling) lol, Wilson will never get away from their core business, which is building high quality 1911's!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
At $2895 it is the same as the CQB, the "entry level" Wilson and $800 LESS than its predecessor, the $3695 EDC Compact single stack.

I am sure they will continue to do well with guns nearer the parent design, but the market is very crowded and everybody is looking for new niches and new products. Wilson in cahoots with Beretta, for example. Poor Nighthawk, they dressed out the Browning, only for it to be discontinued and inventories depleted.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
I am sure they will continue to do well with guns nearer the parent design, but the market is very crowded and everybody is looking for new niches and new products. Wilson in cahoots with Beretta, for example. Poor Nighthawk, they dressed out the Browning, only for it to be discontinued and inventories depleted.
Yup, quite true! ;)

·
Premium Member
42,346 Posts
Wilson, has been bound and determined to build a high cap. 9mm pistol for quite some time, for whatever reason. They've had failures, in their past attempts.

It appears they may have hit the mark, with this pistol. It does deviate from the 1911 in a number of ways, but there's still (alot) of 1911 in the pistol.

At 2900.00, it remains to be seen, whether they can generate enough sales to keep the pistol in the Wilson line. It's not for your typical buyer. It's for people such as myself, that appreciate higher quality guns, and are willing to pay the price for them.

With all that being said (sorry for the rambling) lol, Wilson will never get away from their core business, which is building high quality 1911's!

They have phenomenal vision.

Working at getting into every niche of the market is a wonderful plan. It’s great door Wilson and outstanding for the consumer. One hell of a pistol for the money. Quality backed by stunning customer service and a great shop.

What’s not to love?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts