Wilson Combat Custom Glock Work

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Themarinedoc, May 28, 2020.

1. Themarinedoc

Themarinedoc

Has anyone sent their Glock into Wilson for custom work? I have a Gen 2 17 that could use some tuning. When compared to my Gen 5 19, well, a poor comparison. Wilson offers several customized Glocks he's selling but didn't see any obvious packages for reworking my 17. Glocks are so damned good as they are out of the box, most of the custom work seems to be cosmetic. The Gen 5 is another thing, and find nothing on my 19 I would want to change. Any suggestions, if not a Wilson custom job, who? And what, beyond stippling and other cosmetic changes have you had done to make it a better shooter? Not interested in MOS adaptation by having grooves cut in slide. I guess the obvious would be Truglo sights and Apex trigger, but these won't improve function or accuracy, at least for me.

2. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

How do cosmetic changes improve shooting?

orangejeep06 and Turk3196 like this.

3. Mike-M

Mike-M

NONE of Wilson's "COMBAT" alterations would ever be acceptable by any real military or law enforcement organization for duty use. For Wilson and all other similar outfits that bandy about the term, COMBAT means only EXPENSIVE RANGE TOY.

4. peng

peng

Sending a Glock to Wilson would be like putting leather seats in a Pinto.
    Different worlds.

5. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

Are you really a doctor, a/k/a physician? If so, you are embarrassing yourself by not donating the Gen 2 17 to GoodWill and buying a Gen 5 G17.

jamppp likes this.
  6. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Wilson combat years ago put my blued colt series 80 into a vice without correct support and all the dent marks came back with it. They refused to care about the damage that they did. So I would send wilson combat nothing that you cared about.

That is my experience. I dont think the entire shop is full of idiots but I sure found one. I asked to talk to bill wilson and was refused.

I think they make fantastic excellent guns.. but my experience has made me quite upset with the lack of respect from a place supposed to be high end.

I contacted the wilson combat rep to try to get any action .. he seemed unable or uninterested in helping.

Hey wilson combat. You want to discuss this?? Or see the slide. Contact me. I dont expect a free gun.. I did expect an apology from the owner..

7. Fortunate Son

Fortunate Son

And by Good Will, he's talking about me. Except my name is Mike... he meant donate it to Good Mike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trebore and pgg00 like this.
  8. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

Dude
    Dude you probably don't want that old girl, he is probably is a dentist and used it to clean peoples' teeth.

Fortunate Son likes this.
  9. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

NP3. Still available, even though Robar is out of the gunsmithing business.

NP3 on the trigger bar, connector and firing pin safety. Slicker than cat vomit on a linoleum floor.

10. Krav Maglock

Krav Maglock

"Slicker than cat vomit on a linoleum floor".
    :animlol:

11. JPARANEE

JPARANEE

1911 to Wilson ...yes

6886E4DC-096D-47FE-B60A-5DF1933C63D4.jpeg

Glock cheaper better options

2740dmx, Glockdude1 and The Father like this.
  12. def151

def151

By the name, my guess is he’s a Green aside Corpsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Themarinedoc

Themarinedoc

Pretty funny. How about Marine enlisted, after dropping out of college. Then after a few more years, a Navy doctor (surgeon) with two tours in Viet Nam. Reserve Police officer for 13 years in charge of all POST firearms training at two departments. Other than that, just an ordinary guy trying to get an old Glock up to speed.

1187mg, joe2golf, Lt. Donn and 5 others like this.
  14. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

I love those grips BTW

JPARANEE likes this.
  15. Rivoak

Rivoak

If you own a Wilson 1911, you aren’t going to be happy with a Glock Trigger. If you put a 1911 equivalent trigger on a gun where THE “SAFETY IS IN THE TRIGGER” you are probably going to shoot yourself in the leg. I think Wilson is putting their name on Glocks and Sigs just in an effort to sell something lower than the $2500+ range their 1911s sell for because the market for high end precision pistols is not expanding. Nearly all of the mods Wilson is doing are cosmetic and the esthetics of the gun are improved, but it is still a Glock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

I tried that route....dropping out of college to enlist in the Marines. They rejected me. :crying: They said my EKG didn't look right at all. I went back into college and when I graduated, tried to go in again. Once again, they rejected me. This was before anybody knew what WPW was (Wolfe Parkisons White). Oh well.

Thank you for your service. :waving:

orangejeep06 and -JCN- like this.
  17. SCHOOFSTER

SCHOOFSTER

The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't send it to Wilson though, there are much better places to get work done. A fully tuned trigger from Johnny Glocks or Tactical pontoon would be a good start, they each make amazing setups. Annotation 2020-05-13 091318.png

18. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

That is a great analogy. Spot on!

19. Themarinedoc

Themarinedoc

Good advice. Where can I get a Gen 5 Glock 17 at list price. Or better yet, where can I get just about any Glock? Seriously, the river runs dry here for most handguns that you would want to own. Also fitness equipment, bicycles and dinner reservations at top restaurants.

20. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

Now, leather seats in an AMC Pacer would be another thing entirely. :)