Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

· On the Border
16,857 Posts
Alright. I really liked the looks and thought about it, so I just had a closer look on their website.

Unfortunately, this piece fell though for me when I learned that the price is only for the modifications and not a complete firearm. You will have to send in a G42, and in the end this will be closer to $1,700.

The second let-down seems to be, that no internals will be changed, exchanged or upgraded. They write on the product page that aftermarket triggers can be arranged, but I can't choose any options right there.

I have to agree, at that stage its just a nice looking slide and a stippling job. :(
No man, that just makes it 500 bucks better!

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Alright. I really liked the looks and thought about it, so I just had a closer look on their website.

Unfortunately, this piece fell though for me when I learned that the price is only for the modifications and not a complete firearm. You will have to send in a G42, and in the end this will be closer to $1,700.

The second let-down seems to be, that no internals will be changed, exchanged or upgraded. They write on the product page that aftermarket triggers can be arranged, but I can't choose any options right there.

I have to agree, at that stage its just a nice looking slide and a stippling job. :(
Since this is the case, forget it. It's not worth it. Only fluff and no substance. I'll pass.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

· Registered
621 Posts
It’s just good to have options. This is not one I’d choose, but a rich chick? Maybe, if you ceracoat it that light bluish color or a lavender that they seem to like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
72 Posts
Ne
Base G42 ~$450
Better sights ~$100
Grip texture ~$250
Wilson logo $400

The grip texture is absolutely not necessary, but I know some people like it. Why they would pay Wilson prices for it is beyond me.
new g42 at local pawn gun shop $300 glock night sight $35 vickers racket assist $21 double diamond connectors $25 finally ext slide release $13. That makes a total of
$394. Trigger pull at 5.25 lbs
Excellent close combat weapon 8 rounds In 3 seconds at 10 yards all in 8 ring or better.
Always carry extra mag like a level 2 retention holster just my thing

· Μολὼν λαβέ
2,541 Posts

Now I have 2 Wilson 1911’s well worth the money because they are custom built

But this is ridiculous, I do like the stippling that’s it

· Registered
7,070 Posts
Nice looking custom G42 from Wilson Combat. I’m sure it is also tuned for reliability and accuracy. I would buy one, if I won a lottery.
Hold the phone...I read right here that Glocks don't need anything, and if any and I mean any OEM part is replaced with aftermarket, touched, or modified in any way whatsoever, than that Glock pistol can no longer be used for the serious self defense role and is rendered forever and ever, a range toy. And since this Glock's frame has also been modified by stippling, you can forget about any resale value, it's junk.

In light of these facts, I guess that there customized Wilson Combat G42 should be renamed the "Wilson Expensive RangeToy G42" and be sold with disclaimers that it's "To Be Used Specifically For Range Use Only" and "Wilson Combat Shall NOT Be Held Responsible For Poor Resale Value After Purchase".

("tongue planted firmly in cheek" - for those who are unable to recognize sarcastic truisms)

· Registered
136 Posts
Isn't it nice to have options, even though others think it is foolish to spend one's money on something that they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole? I wouldn't touch it either, but I defend his right to spend his money any way he chooses.

· Registered
3,237 Posts
Dang it...
If it came with Trijicon HDs instead of the fiber optics sights I would be whipping out my credit card ;););).

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.