Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mas,
Your opinion on Wilson 10 round mags? Currently, on duty I carry 3 Wilson 8rders on the belt with one in the gun. I have 2 10rders in my "call out vest" and 2 10rders in my "go bag" (along with a 30rd M4 mag and gunshot kit). I am thinking of switching to 10 rders on the belt. I currently use a 10 for off-duty spare mag carry. All the 10s I have work fine in both my duty springfield and off-duty one.
No real reason for the possible switch other then the comfort of having 39 rds on my person at work.
Thanks for your time!

·
KoolAidAntidote
5,914 Posts
The product itself is good. It's a question of bulk and handling. Certainly makes sense in a home defense/store defense gun that's carried concealed. Protrudes enough from a holstered gun to be awkward and, of course, difficult to conceal.

They're not so long as to give an opponent something to grab and gain leverage in a disarming struggle, like the 33-rounder on a Glock. However, they ARE just long enough to throw off your coordinates and slow down a speed reload. (Hard to keep the palm under the floorplate and still get the first fingertip under the topmost round to index for a reload-by-feel.)

I found them to ride high enough to be uncomfortable in a concealed carry mag pouch, and look a bit ostentatious in a uniform pouch. However, in an emergency bag or load bearing vest, they're less obvious and awkward.

They have a place, but only you can decide where that place is. I found them useful in competition and you might find them preferable for a stored gun rather than a daily carry gun. Give it a try, your mileage may vary!

Hope that's of help,
Mas

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mas, you were correct. The 10rders were a bit uncomfortable at work tonight. And, as you mentioned, civilians noticed them and asked why I carried so big magazines(clips as they said). Never happened with the 8rders! Thus, the 10rders go back to the call out vest and go bag, the 8's back on the belt. Thanks for the input, I'll listen next time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts