Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Hanep ang dateng. For the WW 2 afficionados. Catsmeow, remember Dr Ozoa (dentist) of Dumaguete had one in silver paintjob ?

http://www.gmanews.tv/video/25147/-Saksi--Firm-revives-WWII-vintage-jeepney
Yes, but I haven't seen it lately. What he had was a Ford GPW. His WW2 vintage Dodge weapons carrier (also silver) is also around. I used to see it when his clinic was still existing (now it's Lee Plaza) in the 80s. I was a regular client since he had a sure cure for singaw.:cool:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the early 80s I saw him driving around town with PC soldiers . They were doing night patrols around the city. I think that was cool . He took good care of it .

·
Registered
350 Posts
In the 60s my uncle had one of those original WW2 leftover Jeeps. Sayang! Collectors item na yun ngayon. I wonder if any of his kids- my cousins and playmates inherited it.

I can still remember some of its features:

a) 3 speed forward, 1 reverse gear with an "H" gate. 4WD is engaged using two small ball handled levers ("Du-al" as they call it) on the floor. Can't remember if it had 4Hi option.

b) 3-spoke steering wheel with plain tubular steering column.

c) Removable OD canvas top with tube frame. For rainy days, the side "tarapal" were also OD canvas with brass buckles/snaps.

d) The dash board had brass switches and a steel housing for a rifle just below the windshield.

e) Attachment point near the running boards for an axe, shovel/pick. At the back, there was the spare tire and jerry can that used to carry spare gas. On the rear bumper was a towing pintle.

Me and my cousins even had a name for that Jeep- "Rat Patrol". We were always awed whenever we rode that thing on 4WD to get out of the deep mud on the way to their farm.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
We had an ancient (as in mid-70s) Four Wheeler magazine where one of the advertisements was for a body-chassis kit for a "flat fender" as the Americans called them. And in fine print "Made in the Philippines".:cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
If I had the money, I won't assemble a Jeep. For the same trouble, I'd rather assemble a Humvee. There's this manufacturer in Lucena that churns out clone Humvee body kits that are almost 1:1 scale. Better yet, I'd look for an original Army surplus Humvee. I prefer the open-top version like the one that Tom Cruise & Demi Moore rode on in that scene at Guatanamo Bay in "A Few Good Men"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts