close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Willie

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Bill Powell, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Bill Powell

Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

I would to introduce One Eyed Willie. He came to us from a vetinary hospital, after having suffered some terrible damage under the wheels of a car.

Someone tossed him out the window of a car when he was a puppy, and one guy was not able to avoid him. My neighbor's brother rescued him from certain death. He took willie to the vet, where he was treated for a ruptured eye, broken legs, broken ribs, and I'm not sure what else. After he was all fixed up he took him to his apartment, only to find he would have to pay another four hundred dollar pet deposit. He went looking for a home for the dog, and found us. He would not accept any money for the vet bill, as he thought a good home for the dog was more important.

He used to run into furniture occasionally because of the screwed up depth perception, but he's adjusted for that.

2. Bill Powell

3. Bill Powell

se if this one works

4. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Poor Willie got a bad start.

A friend of mine adopted a German Sheppard who had been shot and left in the street for dead. She was shot in the head-not sure if the bullet entered at her eye or exited there but she is blind. Sweetest dog I have ever met.

6. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

I like Willie, this dog have a great home! :)

7. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Here's my one-eyed critter. One-Eyed Jack. My cousin gave him to me. When she found him his eye was hanging out of the socket. She took him to the vet and they had to remove it.

I have a friend who rescued a dog from being put down at an animal shelter, and sometime later, someone broke in their house, hit Rufus (the dog, a very large one BTW.)on the head, and he's now blind in one eye. Which is REALLY sad, cuz hes a real friendly dog.

;g

8. Bill Powell

Did One Eyed Jack run into things? It took willie awhile to adjust. About the only thing now is you have to open a door twice the width of his body before he will go through it.

9. stryfe101

stryfe101

aww..reading all these rescued pet stories brings a tear to my eyes..thats why i can't watch all the pet rescue shows on animal planet...its too sad sometimes. but at least these little guys have good homes now.

Gray

10. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

I saw him run into a wall once, and once he accidentally jammed his eye socket on to my thumb while trying to get me to pet him, but he's usually been real careful. Of course, cat's are real cautious about where they go anyway. And Gray, you were right about Jack having a good home. I mean heck, I wish I lived as good as he does. He's spoiled.

;g

;8 ;I