Will you forgive them again?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by clipper100, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clipper100

clipper100

God forbid it happens. But... If there is another 'catastrophic' domestic terrorist attack...

Will you quickly forgive the 'religion of peace'?

... Or how should we react?

2. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I never condemned an entire religion immediately after 9/11. So, yes. The people that attacked us are Islamic radicals. You don't condemn every Muslim for the acts of extremists in their religion. It would be like condemning every Christian for the acts of Eric Rudolf.

3. jadickson

jadickson

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
    Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
    (Matthew 18:21-22, NIV)

Easier said than done, I know... but this is the goal.

That's not to say forgiveness = complacency, and that we should not defend ourselves. This is war, and we need to win.

4. Ragnar

Ragnar

The difference is that Eric Rudolph was not mainstream Christianity. The 9/11 guys have direct and tacit support from a large percentage of the Muslim community.

5. Ragnar

Ragnar

So at 78 we can go off?

6. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Do you have data to support this assertion? Not saying you're wrong. Just would like to see that.

7. saddlebum

saddlebum

most christians condemed eric rudolph, most muslims danced in the streets on 9/11

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  8. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

The liberals will struggle to find ways to become even more submissive to the islamikazes, while the patriots will call for a declaration of war in order to destroy our enemy. Destroy, as in Harry Truman style, not GW Bush's hearts and minds crap.

Before 9/11, I didn't know jack about islam. Since then, after much learning, I now clearly see it for the evil cult that it is. The "Religion of Peace"™ was founded by a thieving, murdering, child-raping warlord who concocted a twisted version of The Bible and claimed it for his own. I hold islam in contempt, and view every last follower guilty, until proven innocent.

I don't view any other religion in that light, and I'm not the least bit embarrassed or ashamed about it. Christians, Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists don't have a history of trying to kill me for the crime of just being born.

9. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

In countries where they hate us and share the extremist views, yes...I agree. However I know at my work, we had a Muslim watching the TV in the conference room with the rest of us. He is a gentleman from Iran with family still in Iran. He was truly sad that day with the rest of us.

10. Ragnar

Ragnar

11. clipper100

clipper100

Christians did NOT 'dance in the streets' for Rudolf.

Religion-of-Peace' niks ... danced in the streets around the world, celebrated thousands of American lives lost.

12. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

For the many (myself included) who already knew all this about Islam, and who were aware of the history, and of the (for decades) expected attacks; we were not "surprised" when 9/11 happened. I'll never forget listening to a radio broadcast (the Audio was from one of the major TV Networks) of the second airplane going it, whomever it was said "gee what a coincidence that a seond plane would go into the towers" - incredulously I screamed at my radio something to the effect "It is the Muslims - it is finally happening" I am far from unique, and I am no fortune teller - the Muslims had been telling us for a LONG time they were going to pull of a big attack in the west, and had shown their hand several times previously.

For Joe six-pack to be this ignorant is forgivable; for a national news anchor to be this ignorant is criminal.

The question is not why did they attack on 9/11 - but why did they wait so long to pull of a 9/11 attack, and why have we had such little activity since.

One of the answers is that in the west we think along the lines of years and decades; Muslims and Islam thinks along the lines of Centuries or more. The mess in the late 80s through mid 1990s in Bosnia/Herzegovina was started as a formal Muslim reprisal for a battle they lost in something along the lines of 1100AD.

13. OkieGunNut

OkieGunNut

I didn't the first time and I won't the next time. And there will be a next time.

14. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

15. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

The question I'd ask people is how many that are of age and ability to serve are going to stay at home being cheerleaders again while others do their fighting for them?

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

There were "Christians" that helped Rudolf evade capture, etc.

17. clipper100

clipper100

Well stated!

Only when living amongst them... Can one realize your statement is soooo true!

18. Officer X

Officer X

I've heard and read that an estimated 10-15% have or support the 'radical' views. Out of nearly a billion in the world, that's a large number.

YouTube - Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West (1 of 10)

19. Ragnar

Ragnar

A handful at most. Not several percent of the millions of Christians in the USA.

20. stumpjumper

stumpjumper

As long a the "majority" of the Muslim groups around the world and especially in the US remain silent about the violence, I'm not sure where they stand on the "minority". It never seems like they want to speak out against their "peaceful" fanatics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.