close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will Wal Mart change it's Weapons Policy?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by G26AZ, Apr 10, 2010.

1. G26AZ

G26AZ

Just saw on the 10 o'clock news in Phoenix that some guy in an El Mirage (west of Phoenix) had an accidental discharge in the Wal Mart there. Surveillance video shows him drawing his gun, removing the magazine, then as he goes to re-insert the magazine, he drops the gun on the floor. As he is picking it up, the weapon fires, hitting a sign overhead and scaring the $#!+ out of people around him. He was arrested for reckless endagerment.

The wierd thing was is that he was walking around in a detention officer's uniform with a gun on his hip - even though he had flunked out of D.O. training several months before. I sincerely hope that the actions of this apparent LEO wannabe don't cause WalMart to alter it's gun friendly policies.

2. rfenster

rfenster CLM

Hopefully the actions of this one idiot won't cause Wal Mart Corporate to create some sort of 'gun free zone' in their stores.

This guy definitely seems like 'a bad one'

3. jhmayhem

jhmayhem

That moron certainly didn't help with the perception of gun owners to the masses, but I think it would eventually blow over and no changes will happen in Wal-Mart (at least I hope not). On the other hand, if the guy had actually shot someone...

4. BK63

BK63

If Walmart ever reads this site and sees all the wally walks, they may change their weapons policy :supergrin:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  5. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

...or stop selling Nachos'.:whistling:

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I hope they do change their policy. Just don't go overboard.

A "No Gunsterbating" sign on the entrance would make me feel a whole lot better.

Randy

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

My opinion is no they won't change their decision to just defer to state law.

Making a change would have a net negative effect on their profits and return for their shareholders. Returns and Profits is the ONLY concern as it should be for a public traded company. If the ND would have killed the clerk they still would not change. They would just hire another clerk.

8. Arland

Arland Hunt Terrorists

He musta been on "CRACK"

9. RioKid

RioKid

IIRC, Wal Mart quit selling handguns because a guy bought one along with some ammo and then went on a shooting spree inside the store.

10. hungryhippo45

hungryhippo45

how did this person even pass the metal health part of the check to buy a gun in the first place. sounds like this guy should be walking around with a helmet on.

11. deadday

deadday

Don't really care what their policy says, I'm not an employee, I'm going to ignore it. If they post no gun signs, I'm going to ignore those too. Now, if they start posting 30.06 signs here in Texas, well then I'll just start giving more of my money to HEB.:wavey: