Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The U.S. military has gone downhill in many ways in the 30 years since I retired from the Army. Obama put political correctness above leadership ability in his selection of senior leaders in the services. Even before Biden we have seen a change that our WWII forefathers would not have believed. A Naval Captain taking a key aircraft carrier off-line because of one sailor sick with Covid19. Generals saying that the well being and feelings of "transgender" soldiers is our "highest priority". Other generals saying that "climate change", not Russia, not China, not Islamic terrorism, is the biggest threat to the national security of the United States. Untold amounts of resources being devoted to so-called sexual misconduct (as if you can put healthy young men and women together under stress and not have sexual tension). And now we have Joe Biden setting up a system of rooting out any servicemen or women who hold "extremist" views, when in fact, we know that the Left sees any commitment to our former President, Donald Trump, or disagreement with the "progressive" agenda as a sign of "extremism".

We haven't won a real war since WWII. We faced a stalemate in Korea, and a defeat in Vietnam (not due to military losses but due to America's loss of will to win). We have had two minor skirmishes, labeled as wars, in the Mideast and have not secured viable victories in either. With the weakening of our warrior leaders under Obama, and now with the political litmus tests of Joe Biden, our nation will not be in any good position to face a real enemy like the Communist Chinese when they push us into a corner.

· Premium Member
19,878 Posts
The U.S. military has gone downhill in many ways in the 30 years since I retired from the Army. Obama put political correctness above leadership ability in his selection of senior leaders in the services. Even before Biden we have seen a change that our WWII forefathers would not have believed. A Naval Captain taking a key aircraft carrier off-line because of one sailor sick with Covid19. Generals saying that the well being and feelings of "transgender" soldiers is our "highest priority". Other generals saying that "climate change", not Russia, not China, not Islamic terrorism, is the biggest threat to the national security of the United States. Untold amounts of resources being devoted to so-called sexual misconduct (as if you can put healthy young men and women together under stress and not have sexual tension). And now we have Joe Biden setting up a system of rooting out any servicemen or women who hold "extremist" views, when in fact, we know that the Left sees any commitment to our former President, Donald Trump, or disagreement with the "progressive" agenda as a sign of "extremism".

We haven't won a real war since WWII. We faced a stalemate in Korea, and a defeat in Vietnam (not due to military losses but due to America's loss of will to win). We have had two minor skirmishes, labeled as wars, in the Mideast and have not secured viable victories in either. With the weakening of our warrior leaders under Obama, and now with the political litmus tests of Joe Biden, our nation will not be in any good position to face a real enemy like the Communist Chinese when they push us into a corner.
The top brass are political, just parroting what this admin wants them to say. I have great confidence in our actual war fighters.
Having said that, there will be a very short period of extreme woke-ness we have to work our way through...... take this new look intended for our MP’s

· Registered
7,461 Posts
Biden will be able to do a little damage in the first two years. Then it will be obummer II. In 2022 the GOP will regain the house and senate. I only hope there will not be a dem President elected in 2024. All is not lost but we have a couple of rough years coming up.

· Registered
1 Posts
Considering that Congress just voted to violate their own rules of law and approve the new Sec of Defense without waiting seven years from the last service date we are toast. Oh and that he is from the Army and was made a General during Obama's Admin and is a card-carrying Democrat with a long list of grievances against whites I'd say again we are toast.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
We survived Carter, Clinton, and Obama. Carter pardoned all the Viet Nam draft dodgers and totally re-worked our nuke strategy. Clinton put ivy league educated idiots in charge of everything, 20 somethings with PhDs who thought that all career military personnel were knuckle dragging troglodytes who did not understand anything. Obama , well, what can I say. We will have problems, not the least of which is this new vendetta against extremists in the military. II have no issue rooting out the KKK, neo-Nazis, MS-13, or the more radical Black radicals, but who draws the line? Will the NRA be declared a domestic terrorist organization as it has been labeled by the NY AG? Remember ALL members of the military are sworn to "support and defend the Constitution of the United Sates." I pray that all will remember their oath and support the Constitution and in 2 or 4 years we will come out of this.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oaths are an anachronism that people recite without even thinking about it. I don’t doubt that a small percentage of people take an oath seriously, but I suspect that most that say they are bound by an oath are doing what is now called “virtue signaling”. The military will follow the orders given to them by their civilian superiors, including Biden Leftists that despise the Troops that they are commanding. After the eight years of Obama, and despite the brief hiatus of Trump, I fear that this partisan world view will permeate the non-commissioned officer corps and rot the military thoroughly. It is hard to be even the least bit optimistic about the future of the armed forces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.