close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will the Crossbreed Supertuck Scratch/scuff my leather belt?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by joepa150, Jan 5, 2010.

1. joepa150

joepa150

I have been carrying my supertuck on some cheapo belts. I just purchased a real belt and I am a bit worried that the metal clips will scratch up the leather. I know there have been several reports that they scratched up the Crossbreed belts but how about other belts??

2. sredish

sredish

it's a good possibility depending on the belt finish and leather color. but look at it this way, as long as you have your ccw with you, you'll never notice.

3. joepa150

joepa150

Thats true but I am debating whether to purchase another holster with leather straps

4. G31

G31 Millennium Member

scratched up my aker b21.

5. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

I have worn a Crossbreed Supertuck on a Beltman black 1 1/2 inch with no apparent scuffing or scratching for the better part of a year now.I havent worried about it.

6. Commander Keen

Commander Keen

The comp-tac MTAC uses plastic clips, if you're worried that much about it, and it's a wonderful holster.

7. macatex

macatex

I have some minor scuffing on my Beltman belt, but a little shoe polish would fix it right up.

8. Jim S.

Jim S.

Mine scuffed my belt but I am not sure if it was from removing the holster from the belt and not being careful enough or if it was just from the normal everyday wear.
    It is without a doubt my favorite holster and I will use it even if it scuffs my belt and since I carry ALL the time it really doesn't matter if the belt is a bit scuffed.

9. toddmog

toddmog

My belt has a little wear...but as mentioned before, shoe polish would likely take care of it. I haven't messed with it though. Another option would be to go with a velcro lined belt and velcro clips.