Will the 39 fit in 26 leather?

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Quickling, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Quickling

Quickling

I understand that in a kydex holster the fat slide probably wouldn't fit in the G26 holster, but what about leather? It seems like it could stretch and fit, maybe?

The wife got me a nice glaco miami classic, and if I manage to snag a 39 I really want to use the same rig for both. The holster has a tension screw, so I am hoping that backing it out would also help.

2. HappyGAP

HappyGAP

Personally I used a Glock 20/21 for my full size 37. I only have experience with Blackpoint Holsters. They are Kydex but they are held with leather and have a tension screw that I backed out and it clicks on my 39. With that said I have not used a Galco 26 holster on my 39 because I don’t carry OWB unless it’s full size. In summary I don’t have specific experience with the 26 Galco holster but my experience is tension screw MOST LIKELY will allow it to fit. Hope this helps!

3. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

Not really. You may get it in there eventually, but it will be uber tight and then the g 26 will flop around a bit. Buy a G 30 holster instead.

tuica likes this.
  4. Catshooter

Catshooter

Water + leather can make it fit. Many years ago I had a 686 holster that I really liked and wanted to use for my 629. These are both Smith & Wesson sixguns, the 686 an L frame and the 629 an N, much larger/longer.

Soaked the holster in warm water, stuffed the 629 in and wore it till it was dry. Perfect fit.

Cat

tuica likes this.
  5. Callum Kayser

Callum Kayser

quite likely, this is a cool gift, I'm sure I had no experience with such, but I drove with the 21st