Will states go along with an extended shutdown?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by securitysix, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Whenever I can Brother.

2. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Trump should leave it to the states to decide how to handle the plandemic. However, the demand for massive bailouts (federal money) will always come with strings attached. Remember, states can’t print money, the federal government can. The current economy is irrevocably destroyed. I think we are headed for some big changes how things will operate in the future.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020

3. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

I believe the economy will bounce back. There is no precedent to look at to gauge this. When has an economy ever been put into an artificial partial shutdown?

JohnH likes this.
  4. 1cm

1cm

did not assert they will die. That was if nothing was done. We are taking unprecedented action to stop it, and malaria drugs look promising.

HIV was bad in beginning, folks modified behavior to slow spread, treatments were developed, and it is no longer the threat it was. Same action here.

5. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Doc, it will bounce back. But for that to happen there must be some enormous write downs on the debt. Trump must make sure that the new economy makes loans to small business and not recycled into the financialized economy through bailouts for ‘to big to fail’ politically connected cronies. This is a big opportunity for Trump to reel in the Fed reorganize the banking system.

6. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

in my state, I read that 80% of businesses are "essential" businesses. So yes, "in theory" there is a shutdown. but "in practice", there is not.

it's sort of like that small business "loan" that available. in fact, it's forgivable. So it's not really a loan.

or that "affordable healthcare" act that was forced upon us. Not affordable at all, just the opposite.

government = deceit.

7. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Trump needs to push for a Supreme Court decision that protects American’s voluntary compliance on issues of quarantine and shutting down commerce, not arbitrary mandates from unelected bureaucrats spouting totally unverified and subjective numbers. This is an unchecked power grab by federal/global health bureaucrats that have the power to suspend our civil liberties and destroy our economy and country.

serve_and_protect and Intolerant like this.
  8. Glockman4

Glockman4

No. People have already started to say “F it” here where I am. Road is full of cars right now, any open store has a full parking lot. And the county is under a “stay at home” order.

serve_and_protect and IamtheNRA like this.
  9. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Glad to hear that! Americans are not Euro-peons!

BobbyS and serve_and_protect like this.
  10. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Yeah!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serve_and_protect likes this.
  11. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

PA Governor announced we are on lock down until further notice. This sucks. tom. :dunno:

12. chuck73080

chuck73080

How old are you? You sound like someone between 23 and 35. Are you ready to bury your grandparents and possibly your parents, what about your children, nieces and nephews. Wasn't it just a week ago that 5 of 7 members of a family died within a few days.

I'm 67, my wife is 68. my Father is 92 and on lockdown in an assisted living facility in OKC. I don't want to lose my father, not to this. I'm also not ready to lose my grandson who is eighteen and a type 1 diabetic. My ex-wife is a Resp. Therapist in WI, my daughter says she is working clinical now rather than teaching because of CV-19, I hope she makes it, because with a history of chronic bronchitus for the last 30 years CV-19 would likely be the end for her.

I was born in 1952, my uncle was lucky to recover from polio, spent a long time in a hospital and then months learning to walk again. He limped for the rest of his life, and was damn glad to be able to.

I remember how happy my parents where when the Salk vaccine was released, I think I was about five or six when I was vaccinated.

You probably don't believe in the Holocaust either, since you didn't see it, but my wife's grandmother lost six of her siblings, her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins in Poland, because her parents could only afford to send two of their children to England.

Perspective is a very peculiar thing, I hope that you never have to "see" that you were wrong, because if you are, a lot of good people will perish, and it will partialy be because of selfish people who have to "see" it for themselves.

We saw enough video of the debacle in Italy and China to self-isolate and hunker down.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    billy_56081 and OGW like this.
  13. Intolerant

Intolerant

Look beyond ALL the chaos, fear & panic, there stands a democrat ruler.
    They love chaos, and will continue to provoke it for as long as they can.
    Its what democrats do, to seize power from the peasants.

Democrats have dumbed down this country, super glued peoples lips to the teets of govt.
    Trump was elected to fix it... and he WILL, do so.

Keep your eyes an ears open in April... something is about to come down. ;)
    Cuomo was caught in a huge lie today. Where is pelosi and her gang. (???)
    Eyes wide open folks, its about to blow out. Gonna be a shocker!

14. FCastle88

FCastle88

Honestly other than not being able to go to the gym, eat at restaurants, and all the events being canceled it's not that different for me. Just boring and may eventually have to go out of state to buy liquor.

The stay at home order has so many exceptions you can pretty much do what you want anyway. And most people at non-essential businesses are either working from home, getting paid to sit at home by their employer, or will be making out like bandits with the new $600/week extra unemployment payout.

15. Tackle

Tackle

I have no idea what you're talking about and if you aren't going to tell us, including a valid source, why even post about it.

"Hey guys I have big news about the upcoming election, someone WILL be voted president !"

16. Intolerant

Intolerant

Yeah the suspense is killin people...lol. Hang in there sunshine, its coming ;)
    Just make sure you vote for Trump again in November!

serve_and_protect and IamtheNRA like this.
  17. Tackle

Tackle

Sounds like you're full of it but jokes on you I guess, I don't vote. If I did I would vote for Trump.

18. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

What if I want to party? :broccoli::banana::broccoli::banana::broccoli::banana::broccoli::banana::broccoli::banana:

19. FCastle88

FCastle88

In PA enforcement is pretty much limited to "non-essential" businesses that wouldn't close for now. At least for now probably could get away with throwing a party here.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  20. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

This thread is literal proof of why lockdowns are necessary and we could in no possible way depend solely on our fellow Americans to do the right thing for the greater good of all. Sad but 150% true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty bird likes this.