Will states go along with an extended shutdown?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by securitysix, Mar 29, 2020.

1. billy_56081

billy_56081

Make sure you message me telling me I'm right when you find out it's true. Or will you be a denier and say it is all fake? Well that is if you survive.

chuck73080 likes this.
  2. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Don't worry, I'll still be here. If and when the number of deaths in the United States from COVID-19 reaches 100,000 or more this season, I will come on here and post that you were right. Seriously. Of course, I hope that doesn't happen...not just because I want to be right...but because I want the lowest death toll possible.

Intolerant likes this.

3. billy_56081

billy_56081

I hope you are right and I eat crow. Now as to a low forehead I think you need to take that post down. I did not insult you and Glock talk rules for I'd post like that. Have a good day and goodnight.

4. 1cm

1cm

A more interesting question is what will the people do? If restrictions lifted how many will take a wait and see approach? Then when infections/deaths skyrocket it will not matter what restrictions there are, folk will stay home.

5. 1cm

1cm

Unless there is a vaccine, a treatment or something to bring the mortality rate down.

billy_56081 likes this.
  6. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Sorry...I'm calling BS on that. Milllions are not going to die in the USA this year from COVID-19. MAYBE worldwide until they get a vaccine (2 flu seasons), but NFW we even get close to that total here in this country.

Going from just over 2,000 dead to millions is quite a stretch, even given how contagious this new bug is.

serve_and_protect and JohnH like this.
  7. 1cm

1cm

Your question did not specify "this year".

8. Intolerant

Intolerant

Toocool45, first let me say, your story is far from being a rant, sir. And let me say, i enjoyed reading about YOUR pride. You are a REAL AMERICAN with REAL PRIDE! It is people like you, that keeps and give some of us some hope, that we CAN put this country back together, and MAKE things here again, and be proud that we did/do so. You are wired similar to me, and i can TOTALLY understand what your saying. I come from a very prideful background myself too. When i have the choice to buy AMERICAN, that will always be my first choice, because i`m proud that someone somewhere in AMERICA, in AMERICAN made it. By me buying AMERICAN, i`m supporting someones livelihood, their businesses. Anyone who cant get with that, is NOT a TRUE AMERICAN. Seems all we hear today is excuses why we cant, when we certainly can. I`ve pissed off a few people in GT lately due to my attitude, and i dont much care. Its because i`m old, and i`m VERY sick and tired of all the excuses why we have to be where we are today. Its about time this country woke the hell up out of their panzy a$$ ways, and get to work and make this country shine again, and have some damn pride again. Thank you for your statement/comments. It was perfectly written. Be safe, sir!

billy_56081 and Toocool45 like this.
  9. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Enjoy your house arrest!

serve_and_protect likes this.
  10. 1cm

1cm

Texas rancher here. I bet one of my hay barns is 10x the size of your house. 5 minute drive to get to my front gate.

Under normal conditions I go weeks without leaving the ranch.

No significant restrictions in my county.

Zero impact on me so far.

11. papershoot

papershoot

What are your GPS coordinates? Just kidding. Got to love Texas!

billy_56081 likes this.
  12. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

Most stark example of irony on the web today. :cheers:

The thread question is being placed exactly where it belongs, in the hands of the States, and de facto the Governors. Most of them probably never thought they would have to make the tough life and death decisions they are now confronted with. We’ll see who has the fortitude and wisdom to do what’s needed.

13. 1cm

1cm

My situation is solid, but we are all in this together.

papershoot likes this.
  14. peng

peng

States get Federal funds for stuff don't they?

Not sure why I just asked that.

Intolerant and DocCasualty like this.
  15. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

Where in Tx? I’m native and never left. I used to could drive a tractor pretty good, and could haul a lot of hay in a day. Need a hand???
    Come to think Of it, never mind. I forgot that was along time ago...

Intolerant likes this.
  16. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

3BC27274-455F-4F0E-AB75-3C3787AA5382.png

:dunno:

JohnH and Intolerant like this.
  17. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

I don’t know.... if millions are going to die as you assert, you could be one of them. Anyway, I’ll go on record and state that millions will not die here in the U.S. and the fatalities won’t surpass last years flu fatalities.

18. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Good observation! Net effect of this ‘plandemic’ will be more federal control.

serve_and_protect and Intolerant like this.
  19. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

Nobody knows how this will play out, but I see Trump putting it on the States where it belongs. Sure, the power and resources of the Fed are there to back up and augment what is being done. The Fed led the charge to recognize the problem and a call to action.

This is how the country was envisioned, with the power resting in the States to do what is right for their people. What’s right for NY might not be best for Iowa. We’ve gotten so far of the track of what true Federalism is supposed to look like that people forgot about it and only want to know what the Fed “is going to do for me”.

I don’t see DJT trying to increase Fed authority. Besides, it’s not only the right way to approach this, it’s politically brilliant.

20. Intolerant

Intolerant

Well said Doc! And correct!

serve_and_protect likes this.