Will states go along with an extended shutdown?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by securitysix, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Have we learned our lesson or will we continue to support companies that sell goods made in China? Are we tough enough to do without or pay more in order to save our own economy? Are we willing to communicate this clearly to the Captains of Industry by what we spend and not what we say or type? Just curious. Oh yeah——Filson still makes a lot of their goods in America. They cost more but they last.

jame, Toocool45, Mr Meeseeks and 3 others like this.
  2. CBennett

CBennett

yup

3. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

I wish this crap was just being blown out of proportion, unfortunately I don’t think that’s the case. I’d say most states will follow suit after seeing what it’s doing in certain areas of the country. If they don’t and their state goes to hell they’ll(Governor and administration) will be blamed, if they follow through, any economic hardships can just be blamed on the federal government.

OGW, n2g, G30SF/F-250 and 2 others like this.
  4. Intolerant

Intolerant

I hear ya Dan, i have a totally different opinion on it myself too after really taking a hard look at what is really happening, and also how it could have been prevented from being what it is today.

I totally disagree with govt suits telling law enforcement they have to be on the job even if they are deathly ill. Thats just wrong, and they are paying with their lives now. Equipment is being made as fast as possible. We`ve never been in this bad of a place before. Once again, i blame the suits. Cuomo dragged his feet, turned down PPE equipment not long ago in trade for money getting spent on pet projects, and now blames everybody but himself for this problem in NYS. But now they wanna prop this POS up to possibly become a president...???

We should have never been caught with our pants around our ankles. Thank the suits for that. The suits sent all the jobs overseas, medical & medicine hardly made here. Now we`re left out on the cold to produce everything overnight back here in our own country, when it should have never been left to the outside world to produce the products we need, today. Let this be a very valuable lesson to our country. This is going to make people think not only twice, but three times before we let this happen again. We are now a nation that has failed its own people, because of greed.

Braken, larry_minn, jame and 2 others like this.
  5. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Oh, boy. Now you've done it.

Gray Dood and JohnH like this.
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

1cm, Gixxerjoe04 and jame like this.
  7. Jon_R

Jon_R

Some will some will not. Probably don’t need to treat every city or state the same. Some counties in FL don’t have a single case. Probably don’t need to be that same rules as Orlando or NYC.

If social distancing and hygiene are effective for mitigation then just do that vs the virtual lockdown. Those with underlying conditions do more.

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  8. Toocool45

Toocool45

Will Beararms reminded me of something. Then i read imtolerants post. Here goes. Im in my late 50s. Im an american, will always be an american. When i was a kid in my early 20s looking for christmas presents i would buy ONLY products Made In America that would fit the giving for the person i was buying for. I was very commited to this for years. I would tell every body that its made in america. People would not make sense of it? I got it, made sense to me. Years later it cant be done and keep people happy. Bought a new american truck when inwas young. I would pay more money for usa stuff even though quality was ****. Thats just the way i lived. Now we (americans ) have lost the edge and need to produce products here to get back to the world leader we are. Wake up Americans before its too late! Sorry for the rant. Stay safe.

NoStress, Braken, Intolerant and 2 others like this.
  9. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Absolutely! I give it about three more weeks max. When more people start losing their jobs, businesses, houses, cars, savings, health insurance, and most importantly...their minds, they will completely ignore any directives by the “authorities.”

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Toocool45 likes this.
  10. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

DA273180-B72F-4E9D-96FC-AE12DD28F7F3.jpeg

OGW, Jade Falcon, NoStress and 2 others like this.
  11. Terry G

Terry G

My Son bought me a nice Viet Nam Veteran jacket with the appropriate ribbons embroidered on it. I looked at the label, you guessed it, Made in Viet Nam.

12. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Probably not...

13. billy_56081

billy_56081

The economic impact of this is going to pale in comparison to the death toll from this. They have been slowly ramping up this because if they told the truth the millions if not tens of millions of Americans are going to die from this there would be pandemonium. Almost everyone is going to get this. Most with survive but millions won't.

NoStress and 1cm like this.
  14. railfancwb

railfancwb

There were numerous things which encouraged the hollowing out of our manufacturing capacity. Including tax breaks. And allowing corporations to buy back their own stock, often with borrowed money, creating an illusion that top management deserved big bonuses because earnings per share had increased.

Intolerant likes this.
  15. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

So millions of Americans are going to die?

16. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

100,000 dead? In the United States?

17. Pwhfirefighter

Pwhfirefighter

Our governor is catching a lot of heat for NOT ordering a state lockdown. Instead, he put the onus back on individuals to make the decision to lockdown. Now schools are still closed, nonessential businesses are encouraged to close, social distancing is recommended, but no order from the state level to lockdown.

Some municipalities are ordering some lockdowns and curfews. Including monetary fines and possible jail time for violating social distancing. As well as forcing some businesses to close.

You will find opinions split here on whether to have the government mandate what you can do vs freedom to make your own choices.

billy_56081 likes this.
  18. billy_56081

billy_56081

Yes!

19. billy_56081

billy_56081

That is a low ball number.

20. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

BAH...I'll believe that when I see it.