Will Smith points out gun safety faux pas on movie set.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by racer88, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

That was Jon Hexum. Pretty boy without the sense God gave a turkey.

willie_pete likes this.
  2. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Well. . . Better than him screaming "We should ban all of these child killing weapons of death". . .

3. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

That is why I always said. Point the gun just beside, behind, upstage from the person you are supposed to be aiming at. Worst case everyone is deaf for a minute. (Then the screaming)

JohnHarris likes this.
  4. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I just want to know why Glocks, on TV, go Click-Click when pointed, but mine never do.

Speleothem and AdamRodgers like this.
  5. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Especially on da brawds!

AdamRodgers likes this.
  6. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Brandon Lee died as a result of blank round inserted and fired after a piece of a prop bullet broke and was in the barrel . The blank round had enough charge to propel the prop round as if was a “live” round.

Jon Erik Hexum, an actor on a major TV show died as result of a blank round he fired against his own head as a suicide “joke”.
    It was a design change in prop guns that allowed many of the John Wick “gags” to be done in a safe enough manner .
    The gun wrangler on the set has to account for all the guns and their safe use of the set. This sometimes includes searching people/actors before filming as prevent a “ fight or flight “ response and they use the real weapon.

Tvov likes this.
  7. Sniff

Sniff

Two friends of mine are movie armourers. They supply the guns and blank ammo used for many movies and TV series.
    They do everything from local theater productions with a single shot from a muzzleloading pistol to Hollywood movies filmed in places like Thailand.

I've trainined a couple of New Zealand actors for a police series produced locally. The female lead was upset about criticism of her handling of a Glock in one episode and wanted some 'proper' trainng in the way NZ police carry and use pistols.

I spent most of a day with the lead actors going over safety, holsters, drawing and reholstering without shooting yourself in the leg, as well as grip, stance, aiming, trigger control, etc.

Basically I took them through an abbreviated version of the NZ Police recruit pistol program.
    They wanted more training but unfortunatly for all of us, the production budget didn't allow it.

8. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

I read somewhere once that the Beretta 92 is used in so many action movies because it’s more forgiving and more reliable than many others in the cycling of blanks. Any chance you could ask them if there’s any truth to this?

JohnHarris likes this.
  9. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

I enjoyed the first two of the series and will watch the third when it's available to stream.(I don't do theaters) They were fun but the gun handling was awful.

As far as Hollywood goes, Keanu Reeves seems to have the best gun handling skills out there. He's a hell of a 3 gun shooter.

Also, as far as some recent WTF stuff, I was watching an episode of Blue Bloods and one of the Reagans was at the indoor gun range shooting a Colt DS (revolver) and you could hear the brass pinging off the floor after every shot.

pizza_pablo likes this.
  10. as400guy1

as400guy1

Over by dare.

11. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

If they really wanted more training, they could have paid for it, themselves. Surely it would not be cost prohibited.

12. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

That the sound effects folk. Almost every time sounds are added later. Heck often the voices are dubbed in later. A actor is miked, dies the lines but they don't like the sound so he/she/it has to go to studio and recite lines watching the film if them saying it.

JohnHarris likes this.