Will Pelosi Punt on Impeachment?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Yes, she'll have a censure vote and slink away defeated....

23 vote(s)
    20.4%
  2. No, impeachment is all the red meat that they have to keep their base fed

90 vote(s)
    79.6%
  1. Pythonman

Pythonman

I wonder if the whole impeachment debacle wasn’t a coup, not on Trump but an internal democrat party coup run by the squad to overthrow Pelosi. You think they give two hoots whether she stays in power in the aftermath of the impeachment failure?

dudel likes this.
  2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Make every rep go on record with a vote.
    How many Present votes?
    :)

dudel likes this.

3. thewitt

thewitt

If it comes to a vote, and I don’t believe it will, it will be a voice vote - nothing on the record.

BigBluefish likes this.
  4. dudel

dudel

Agree, but I think the target was biden. Did they really think he would not get caught in a Ukrainian investigation. Biden is a threat to the progressives.

aircarver, jeanderson and Pythonman like this.
  5. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

All the Dems knew how they were going to vote before the first witness was called. Very likely that nothing said will change their minds.

6. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

Likely, if it even goes to a full House vote. Remember July when they tried. It was a giant Flop for them.
    Not sure what they think they can change. Maybe trap a few people in something? Muck raking? They are good at both, but with all the evidence they seem to be gathering on themselves, I wonder if this isn't why some allowed it to happen, or at least go for as long as it has, and what will come of it.

7. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Interesting.
    From the outside POV, it still seems like too much of a walk-back for your Speaker Pelosi now.
    No matter what she does, your President Trump is winning reelection anyway.

aircarver, DocCasualty, Berto and 2 others like this.
  8. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Nice to hear a fresh point of view,thanks.'08.

Berto likes this.
  9. pgg00

pgg00

I think she is committed. Too far down the road and if she doesn't bring it up the dems revolt against her

10. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Nancy got played by her own hubris.'08.

aircarver, BOOSTED12A and dudel like this.
  11. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

She will hold a formal vote and take it to the Senate. Where the Dems will try to drag it out as long as possible. They will object to every witness called by the Republicans. They will call a ton of witnesses themselves just to keep it in the news cycle. Then the story will be all about the Republicans "stacking the deck" with pro-Trump witnesses, disregarding the house's "findings" of Trump's "culpability" and holding a "sham" trial. Then, they will try to prevent any vote being taken for or against conviction, and will actually walk out of the chamber, so only Republicans will cast votes, or the proceeding will end in a "mistrial" which the Dems and Romney will blame on "corrupt pro-Trump racist far - right - virtually Nazi (but pro Russia Putinite) Republicans. "

DocCasualty and FullClip like this.
  12. evlbruce

evlbruce

I talk with Dems who still believe the Russian Hooker Dossier, got to admire how well the DNC leadership plays their base.

KarlP and dudel like this.
  13. JFrame

JFrame

I find it amazing how blithely leftists can invoke words like "Constitution," "oath," "duty," "pray," etc. -- when those words mean absolutely nothing to them. :whistling:

14. LostinTexas

Most of the time I would agree with this, but with 34 seats up for election, this would not benefit either side. Senate cannot campaign during a trial.
    McConnell would set it to a vote and it would be shot down pretty fast with 2/3 of the Senate up for election.
    It will be interesting to see how things pan out. Probably try to drag it out through the election, but that could prove disastrous for them. We can hope.

15. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

That is an entirely reasonable outlook. And, were we dealing with reasonable people it would make complete sense. But the Dems, and the Never Trump Republicans are not reasonable.

At least, not if we expect them to follow the law and do what is best for the country and its citizens. If we accept that their only goal is to seize power, at whatever cost, then they are following a rational course of action. At least insofar as it will help them achieve their goal.

I think it will go the distance. The Dems will do their best to drag it out to interfere with GOP members' reelection campaigns, knowing their base voters and other Dems, and perhaps even independents, will support Democrats in order to counter Trump, who they know is likely to win. Trump is popular. Republicans in Congress, not so much. The Dems will go all out attacking Senate Republicans over the impeachment trial, more than Trump himself. The smart move for the Dems will be to try to take the Senate and hold the house since Trump is likely to win a second term.

16. LostinTexas

Yes, I think they will go all in to attack who ever they can.
    I'm optimistic that it is the last gasp for a dying and unpopular temper tantrum.
    Time will tell.

BigBluefish and aircarver like this.
  17. B C

B C

Imagine impeaching a President being of feelings, not facts, but feelings from deep state CIA goons.

18. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

The people who are actually going to show up and vote don’t care about any of this crap. The hard core Dems and Republicans already know who they are going to vote for. None of this impeachment circus will have any impact on prospective undecided voters.

B C likes this.
  19. Out West

Out West

The Dems have opened the ball and stepped out into the deep poo. They can not go back.

20. B C

B C

Numbers from today

"Support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing to now 45% opposed and 43% in support. The biggest swing is among Independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%."

czsmithGT, DocCasualty and JFrame like this.