close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will Mitt Romney Impose Gun Controls?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DannyR, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

While Governor of Massachusetts, Romney imposed the very restrictive gun control laws of 2004. If elected President, will he push for the same restrictions nationally? He scares me more than any recent candidate of any political party.

2. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Yeah, I got a solution to alleviate your fears: vote for Obama.
    :whistling:

3. JBnTX

JBnTX 2 Timothy 2:15

Mitt Romney will have a lot more to worry about than gun control.
    Obama, on the other hand, will be a different story.

Romney probably won't take our guns.
    There's a big difference between being the governor of a hard core anti gun state and being the president of all states.

Obama definitely will take our guns.
    He'll have nothing to lose in his second (last) term and he will go after all the guns he can.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  4. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

I doubt it with the current "mess" he will inherit, he'll have too much on his plate. i doubt the Republican congress (let's hope both houses) will let him advance anything.

By the way, if Obama wins a second term? Who is he going to blame for the first term? Bush will be off the hook!

5. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

If elected, I hope the first thing he does is resign.

6. Averageman

Averageman

I sincerly doubt it.
    Being the Governer of Mass and being the POTUS are two totally different issues.
    I think the States Rights and their abilities are totally different than the Federal Government and need to be. Thats why health care can work at a State level, but be a failure at the Federal level.
    I think Mitt Romney understands that.

7. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

I dont think he will push for gun control, he has the mess of an economy to worry about. If anti gun legislation arrives at his desk though, I believe he will sign it. Its up to us to keep the right critters in congress.

8. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

You're not alone. I don't trust Romney. At least, Obama is coming straight at you. I swear no one I've talked to is voting for a candidate they actually want. They're just voting against the other guy.

9. nursetim

nursetim

I agree with what the others have said. To be honest and I know this is petty, but the only reason I am voting for Mitt is because, like barry, he will be to concerned with other matters or a second term, to mess with our guns. Otherwise I believe him to be barry light only Morman.

10. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

It's obvious to me that just about everyone on this thread has little understanding of modern politics...

Romney going after guns would be like Obama going after abortions..

It simply isn't going to/wouldn't happen because these people don't exist without the support of their parties.. Plain and simple.

The Presidnet is basically a figure head... And they don't do jack squat without the support/permission/buy-in of their partisan brethren.

He did what he did in mass because that's what the overwhelming number of people in mass wanted... And that's what they got.... But nationally the issue isn't even remotely the same.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  11. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

When you start out with bad info you probably will not arrive at a good conclusion.

MASS gun ban was not imposed under Romney. The bill he did sign was an improvement of that law.

Don't let facts get in your way though.

12. A6Gator

A6Gator

Really?

13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

[​IMG]

I have been hoping too!!

:cool:

14. ray9898

ray9898

Does this sound like someone who only went along with gun control because he 'had too'? If a Democrat made this same statement people on here would would be using it as 100% proof they are anti-2A.

15. frank4570

frank4570

Being governor of one of the most liberal states is not at all similar to being president of the U.S. Attacking guns is dangerous for a politician. Doing it as a republican is just begging for voters to punish you, and anybody associated with you.

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

It is certainly a risk; however I'd say the risk is low. Romney needs conservative support. True, his actions and statements in Mass. are concerning. However he will not succeed in passing such a law (AWB) and will seal his fate for the next election. He's smart enough to know that's not an option worth pursuing.

17. Jonesee

Jonesee

I believe Romney will do anything, absolutely anything to get elected. If gun control serves that interest and helps him win an election, he will do it. But that goes for a myriad of other political hot potatoes.

I do not believe Romney is a man of strong character and inner strength.

18. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I would rather focus my energies on getting him in office first, because there is no comparison to president Mitt versus Obama

19. Detectorist

Detectorist

Absolutely correct.

What most folks here fail to realize is that Obama will have the opportunity to appoint at least two Supreme Court justices and even 3.

Does anyone here think that Obama will appoint pro gun justices? Or maybe conservative justices?

This issue is far more important that what any President will do with the laws....

People, get your heads out of your butts.

20. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

The gun control issue floats like a lead balloon and both parties know it.

Romney came across as a Conservative last week when the secret tape was released.

Plus he knows nothing would get through the House and my gut tells me Romney does not care about guns one way or the other.

Romney’s passion is saving sick corporations like the USA and that will keep him busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.