close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will it ever be fixed?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by theflatlander, Jul 31, 2012.

1. theflatlander

theflatlander

I feel like I got really lucky making my g23 gen4 purchase with out researching. I have had no problems with mine at all. Normally I research everything on the Internet if its going to cost me over a $100.00 bucks. I just had never heard anything bad said about glocks in the past and I know all of the ND state law enforcement uses glocks so I just went a head and purchased one.

From what I have read most of the issues come from erratic ejection and taking brass to head. I'm just curious have any of you received a new firearm from Glock after your issues haven't been resolved? Do you think they will ever solve the problematic models and gen's issues or give a refund back for the ones that cant be fixed?

Only reason I'm asking is I really like all the after market parts for my glock and I think they are about the best bang for buck at the price they are offered new. I would like to purchase some other glocks new but I am afraid of getting a bad one now and I might just stick to the used older gen's. It sucks to see once a manufacture gets very popular and gets a good reputation that they start having QC problems. Hopefully Glock pulls their head out of the sand and takes responsibility with finding out exactly what is wrong and is willing to take what ever actions that is necessary to fix the problem before they completely ruin their own reputation.

Might have so start looking at the M&P line now since that was my 2nd choice to the Glock.

2. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Continue your research

3. J_P

J_P

Whatever you buy try it out first.... Im not a big fan of the trigger on the M&P's Ive had one and got rid of it. From what ive heard Smith and Wesson is going to update the trigger similar to what the trigger is on the Shields. When that happens I will Definitly take another look at them.

4. theflatlander

theflatlander

Im just thinking about the future. hopefully all of the glock issues are sorted out before then. We dont have any ranges with firearm rentals around here. Kind of sucks.

5. JBP55

JBP55

Shoot your pistol and quit worrying.

6. J_P

J_P

+1 to that!!! :cool: Both of my Gen 4's have been great!!

7. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

+2!!!!

8. Wawrz

Wawrz

+3 My gen 4 17 has been great to me.

9. tunedin

tunedin

Agree. Only worry if it malfunctions.

10. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

Here's one of the oh-so-rare "no problems" posts! I just got through shooting about 200 rounds (of that cheap Wolf steel-cased ammo) of 9mm earlier today in my Gen3 G19. Not ONE BTF or BTanywhere. I was a little surprised because I have gotten used to one or three casings coming back at me. But I got zip, nada, none today. And sweeping up (I was indoors) I had to sweep casings from 3 lanes to the right of me!!!

11. theflatlander

theflatlander

Well I'm glad to read a lot of you haven't had problems.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

But if a customer does have a problem, there is absolutely no way to fix it. No change in ammo or aftermarket parts or even Glock Customer Service will ever make the gun function properly.

Before I buy another Glock, I want to see several years of no complaints. In my expected lifetime that simply won't happen so I guess I am out of the Glock thing altogether.

I don't know what my next .45 will be but I do know what it won't be. That's a start, I guess...

Richard

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  13. Cool Hand Hodge

Cool Hand Hodge Senior Member

Could try a 1911. You will learn a TON about gunsmithing!:tongueout:

14. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

That's odd...ALL of my 1911s have been flawless right out of the box...S&W, Colt, Springfield Armory, even the crappy Auto Ordnance.:supergrin:

15. theflatlander

theflatlander

lol good answer

16. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864

I guess we are talking about the issues with Gen 4 Glock's from the original post. I just ordered a new G35 but made sure it was a Gen 3 to avoid any possible issues. Most all of the Gen 4's sold now don't have many reliability issues from what I understand. I will use my new 35 for some competitions and will likely use a 9mm conversion barrel for practice so I wanted the Gen 3 spring. You'll be fine with the Gen 4. If it malfunctions, call Glock and complain about it. I bet you'll get results.

As for ejection issues, I have other tactical handguns with heavy springs. Just shoot the gun and the ejection will usually fix itself after the gun breaks in a little bit. Some guns I've owned took 500 rounds before I wasn't eating brass. Truthfully, I wouldn't carry a gun I hadn't shot more than that anyway (except to the range).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012