Glock Talk banner

Will I Regret Selling My G36?

2632 Views 40 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  glide
I have had my G36 for a few years now. It has around 1000 rounds through it with no malfunctions (except when a limp wristing friend tried it). It conceals well and i have carried it for a couple of winters. However, I don't like the limited capacity.

Most of the year I carry a G26. I have carried a G19 in the winter months. In my opinion, there is little difference in 9mm vs. 45 effectivness. I have used my G36 in IDPA. Now it gets no attention.

I put it up for sale last Friday. Will I regret it if I sell it or is it a blessing in disguise that it has not sold yet (I can easily take it off the market)? I am selling it to finance a BCM .556 complete upper.

Opinions welcome.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Polymerlicious!
6,653 Posts
I'm thinking of selling mine too. My Shield is so much easier to shoot and holds a couple more rounds, is lighter and thinner and conceals more easily.
I don't think I'd miss it. But I'd probably pick up another Glock, probably a Gen3 19, to keep another Austrian fantastic plastic piece in my collection.

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
I don't think you'll regret it as long as you can always get 9mm or you keep your stash built up. I definitely like having two different pistol calibers, but it's not the end of the world if you don't, plus you'll have the AR, assuming you already have a lower.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
If it is your first gun you might end up missing it based on sentimental value. Otherwise it probably could easily be replaced with another one down the road if you decide you miss it.

Reactions: glockpro.

· Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great responses so far. To respond to some of them, it has no sentimental value, I already have the AR lower, and I have 1911's in Officer size, Commander size and Government size. I'm not looking for a 45 to replace it.
So far me thinks I should go ahead and sell it.

· Banned
2,861 Posts
The G36/ 6+1/ .45 ACP is GLOCK's CCW Best-of-Breed.

Sounds like you are tryin' to solver a problem that does not exist.

Slim, quick-change mags are another feature of the G36 that adds to its Bona Fides.

Carry what you shoot best.
(You can always re-buy one when you come to your senses...)

:supergrin:

Nutter

· Registered
11 Posts
As big a glock fan as I am I never cared to own a 36. They just don't feel right in my hand. The trigger guard seems to put to much pressure on my finger with a high thumbs foreword grip. A buddy has one from the first year of production and it has never ran more than a mag or two without a malfunction. He refuses to send it back so it just sits in the back if his safe. Every time I handle one I think of his gun. I dont see an advantage over my G30. Just never could "pull the trigger" on a purchase of one.

· Registered
359 Posts
Yes you will regret it, I carry my G36 on a regular bases, that's if I'm not wearing a tank top in the humid Florida weather. If you had 1000 rounds of reliability why get rid of a gun that you already now is reliable, regardless if it is a glock. You will probably regret selling it like many other whom in the past post that they did sell it and regretted it and want another. Save up and get your BCM. Next time you may not be so lucky in getting a G36 that runs like a top.

· M62/76
14,812 Posts
Sold mine years ago and have never looked back. Mine worked great just didn't like the low-capacity and it didn't fit my hand well.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,029 Posts
You have the 26, the 36 is for perceived better ballistic performance. The size and weight of the 26/36 apparently is nill, and capacity favors the 26. I am asking a similar question of myself with a 33 vs a 36, in my next purchase , good luck.

· Registered
11,579 Posts
If your not going to shoot 45 do it, if you want a good small 45 for carry look at the XDs, I love mine. They have 3 different capacity mags now (5, 6, 7).
I gave my XD-S to my son. It wasn't up to my Glock 30S standard.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
That is a difficult question! I had a G17 Gen2 I traded years ago and was sorry for it later. I have 2-Glock 45's I don't shoot as much as my G17 and G19 right now because 9mm ammo is cheaper. That being said, if there is another ammo shortage, it might be easier to buy the 45 ACP.

So, keep it if can afford to, otherwise sell it. You'll get **** for it on a trade though. Even if they give you $250. on a trade…where can you you buy a Glock 36 for $250.? Good luck on your decision.

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
I am asking a similar question of myself with a 33 vs a 36, in my next purchase , good luck.
9+ rds in the 33. Only half a tic wider than the 36. Corbon 125 gr should pull around 1350 fps out of the G33 with 3.42" barrel....nasty. Corbon 185 gr (or Magtech 185 gr) pulling right at 1100 fps out of G36. Nasty, also. You got to flip a coin, dude.

· Registered
11,484 Posts
For some reason. . . even though I'm on Glocktalk, I interpreted your question as somehow you got your hands on an H&K G36. . . and sold it. I was like WTF?!?!?!

But even talking about the Glock. Yes, you will regret it eventually. No question.

· Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
32,590 Posts
I put it up for sale last Friday. Will I regret it if I sell it or is it a blessing in disguise that it has not sold yet (I can easily take it off the market)? I am selling it to finance a BCM .556 complete upper.
Well, for an AR15 upper from BCM, that's a no-brainer. Pistols are one thing, a good AR15 is a whole 'nuther world.

I used to think pistols were cool. Then I got my BCM HSP carbine. My outlook changed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.