Will I put my hands over the CT Laserguard G27

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by MarccraM, Feb 15, 2010.

1. MarccraM

MarccraM

Dont know exactly where this post belongs, however Ill try it here.

In the very near future I will be getting a g27 to add to my safe. My plan is that this will become my edc and I really like lasers on my guns.

I was looking forward to ultimately purchasing the new crimson trace laserguard as the g27 would be the first gun I own that it fits on.

Anyway, someone recently posted something that got me thinking... I never thought about it much, but often when I draw and hold my gun, my left hand ends up basically with a finger or two on the front of the trigger guard holding it for stability. If I were to continue to do that I would in essence be putting my finger over the laser which would be pretty counterproductive..

So... question is.. should I be re-teaching myself to keep my hand off the front of the guard, or do I just get a standard crimson trace grip model?

2. G26ster

G26ster

I'd recommend the standard Laser grip for the G27, as I thought the same might be true. I have them on my G26 and they are great. However, only you can decide if you like the grip change. I went to a gun shop, and they can put the grip on the rear and you can feel if you like it or not. It can be snapped in place without full install, so it should be easy to decide.

[​IMG]

3. johnb847

johnb847

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnb847

Here's are pix of my G26 with CT LaserGuard.

If you still put your finger up, it has someplace to go. If you did cover the laser, the laser's not going to burn you but the muzzle flash will!

Suggestion: break the habit. Get a solid grip with fingers overlaying each other. That way, your fingers won't be near the laser or the muzzle.

The problem is a holster. It doesn't fit my favorite kydex and there is no extra material to remelt the holster. CT does offer some options but that's more money...again!

4. johnb847

johnb847

If you prefer, I have a barely used LG-626 for sale. $150.

5. Freman Kid

Freman Kid

I say get the laser guard. I have a ct lg 436 on my G26 and I would say "no" you won't have a problem...unless off course you have some seriously long fingers. If you are going to use that grip, than your finger or fingers should end up beneath the laser diode not over it. I agree with John...if you do than you are going to have a problem.

So far as the sight goes, it is a very nice piece of technology. The holster search continues.... I have one from US holsters that is ok, I put my G21 in it to loosen it up, but is still to tight. Presentations from this holster are so, so, slow, however on the good side the laser holds POA were you set it. (even after banging it around during the draw)

I was looking at a Don Hume IWB for the armalaser but did not buy it because I wanted to look some more for a good one. Internet searching produced a Hellweg holster that looked good but they are a company out of Australia.

I finally came across a Mr. Rob at Tuckers Holsters, and I think they have a solution to my search. I think the "Silent Thunder STX OWB" with a speed cut is the ticket. I hope that other owners of the Tucker Holsters products lined with leather can tell me how they function for them. Anyway it is going to be a custom build to fit the laser guard and hopefully I should have a answer next week. This guy there, Mr. Rob is on the ball! Crossing my fingers!

Regards from VA

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  6. dakrat

dakrat

get the laserguard and learn how to hold the gun properly. only downside to the laserguard is looking for a holster that would accommodate it. good luck.

7. MarccraM

MarccraM

Thanks to all for the advice. And thanks for this pic.. I looked and you're right.. I didn't realize how far forward the laser is and there is a lip underneath...

I won't have a problem with a holster though.. I'm a hybrid kind of guy and the crossbreed supertuck made for the ct laserguard has my name all over it!