close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will Glock Ever Make a 45acp Long Slide?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockmeister71, Jan 31, 2006.

1. glockmeister71

glockmeister71 Juggalo

I've had (16) Glocks in ever caliber that Glock makes that we can buy,except for the GAP.45acp is my favorite and all I carry.We've got (3)G21's in house.I've had a G34 and G35,but they just don't cut it.I wish Glock would make a 45acp in a G34/G35 platform.I'd buy it as soon as I could and make it my new carry gun.It's the only thing I can think of that I'd give my G21 up for.

I used to think that if Glock would make a 45acp around 5" in a single stack that it would draw in the 1911 crowd.I've came to the reality that most 1911 guys will never buy a Glock or any other polymer gun.Even if they did make it,I wouldn't be interested in a single stack.The G36 and single stack 1911's are too thin for my big hands.

I know this has been covered more than once and it seems like Glock prolly never visits this site or just ignores our wishes.I think the only manufactor that listens to their customers is Savage.The (3)things (trigger,stock,bolt handle)that customers had complaints about,they fixed.

2. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

Hard to argue with your logic but I dont' think you'll ever see Glock make a single stack 45. Part of the reason is that the 21 has been a time proven accuracy gun that can keep up with 1911s. For the smaller hand, they will steer you to the GAP.

3. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

For my money I would like to see a 45ACP in the longer Slide such as the 17L/24.
    If you are going longer Go For The Gusto.
    That would make a "Sweet Shooting Pistol"
    But like you said They don't listen to us. We are only on the fringe of the industry. I would order 2 of them right now if it would help.
    Don't hold your breath, I am afraid you have a long wait.
    As for the 1911 shooters, most of them wouldn't touch a Glock.
    And there is a few strange guys like me around.
    I've got 4 Glocks, 3 1911's, and 4 Revolvers "But no Derringers"
    Oh well I have fun at the range. ;z

Rusty:cool:

4. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member