Will Glock eventually do 1913 rails for other frames?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BamBam-31, Jul 31, 2007.

1. BamBam-31

BamBam-31 Guest

Or is it just a sweetener for the 21SF?

Man, if an OD G17 came along w/ the new rail....:dancing:

2. GMAN40

GMAN40 OIF Vet. 04-05

I would rather see a longslide G21 first.

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Holster Maker

I really doubt it, as I don't think it is going over that well on the 21SF, thus the newer 21SF's with the standard rail.

This would mean Glock would have to build all new molds for every model, and i don't see that happening.

I think this was a request by the military and Glock responded, and now they have the molds and are wanting to recoup some of that money.

Steve

4. Lancelot

Lancelot

What would you put on a picatinny rail?

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Holster Maker

Flash light, same as on a Glock rail.

Steve

6. Lancelot

Lancelot

Right. But you can put a light on the Glock rail. So what is the advantage to the picatinny rail?

7. epsylum

epsylum Guest

I was told from a Glock rep at the GSSF match that the 21SF with the ambi mag release and the picatinny rail was for the .45 military contract that never came about. The contract went away so they figured they would just sell it to get their money back and then some. Police did not like the picatinny rail as it didn't fit their existing G21 holsters and later they didn't want the ambi mag release due to their high retention strap covered holsters hitting the release on the right side fo teh frame and popping the mags out.

I don't want the picatinny rail because of the same reason (I have G21 holsters already) and don't want the ambi release because I have a nice stockpile of regular 21 mags and the ambi release hits my middle finger of my strong hand while shooting.

The shortened frame however. I really don't care about the size, but the one 21SF I shot felt like it had even LESS recoil than the regular 21. Add to the fact it costs the same as the regualr 21, I will buy one just because of that (glock rail and regular mag release please! ;) ).