will dry firing a glock improve the action?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by plainsman, Sep 1, 2007.

1. plainsman

plainsman

I did the .25 cent polish job, and I have installed the that 3 1/2 piece. My question is will dry firing improve the trigger pull up further, and would it be advisable to place a fine metal polish like Flitz on that "sear" area to let the parts sort of polish themselves while dry firing?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, this is a new glock.

2. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Guest

If you're doing dry firing the right way (good sight picture and smooth trigger press), the gun handling might improve your marksmanship as much as a lighter trigger.
    Dry firing will likely improve your trigger pull, but it is also a valuable training method. Try to dry fire like you are actually firing a shot. Pick a spot on the wall, like a light switch, for instance, and try to make a perfect shot. Concentrate on holding the sights on the target as you break the shot. Keep your eyes open and "call the shot" (know where the sights were when the striker fell).

3. vafish

vafish

If you've polished the parts already I don't think flitz on them and dry firing will improve it much.

If you hadn't done the polish job I'd say dry firing would help a lot.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Nothing helps more that that one drop of oil where the connector meets the trigger bar.:)

5. dglockster

dglockster

6. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

A dryfire program will do much more for improving your action, than that of your Glock:thumbsup:

7. roymail

roymail

First, I wouldn't put any polish on the sear or the FP. Next, using some lube between the end of the trigger bar and the connector will make the biggest difference like DannyR said. My opinion is that firing the gun repeatedly over time also helps even more than dry firing.