close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will be shooting my first GSSF match, have questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glock_556, Aug 22, 2006.

1. glock_556

glock_556

OK, I tried looking on the GSSF website for my answers, but it SUX and wouldn't load properly so I'm gonna need to rely on you guys for help.

I'm a C class USPSA Production class shooter and use a G34. What class will I shoot in?

How are the GSSF classifications figured? I don't want to be shooting against any Master class shooters.

I read somewhere that all of your mags are laying on a table, is that true? If so, I don't guess I'll need a belt with mag pouches?

Thanks in advance.

2. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

If you are using a G34 you would have to shoot in the "Competition Division" since the long slide Glocks are not allowed in the regular amateur civilian division. Masters are not allowed to shoot in the competition division so you will not be competing against them. Most shooters just lay all their mags on the table like you said so no belt or mag pouches are needed.

3. glock_556

glock_556

I have a G17, would it be more competitive of me to shoot it or the 34?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Enter the G17 in Amateur Civilian and the G34 in Amateur Competition. Double your fun.;)

5. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

exactly what Danny said. That's what I do.

6. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Dittoe Dave and Danny. In Amateur Civilian, you can also get in extra categories, like High Adult Female, Jr. Female, Jr. Male, High Senior (55 or over) or Challenged. This is the only shooting category that has these extra awards. The first ten get money, also in Am. Civ. Then, there are at random drawings for cash awards and guns. If you look on the application (if you can download one or see a Glock Report at your range), it will tell you what guns can be used in what categories.

If you are a firefighter, military, leo, EMT or any of these retired, you can enter Amateur Guardian, which also has a High Female category. The same Glocks are used in this one the same as the Am. Civ. division mentioned above.

Then there is the Competition Division as was mentioned. Here you can use long slide Glocks, like the G34, G35, G17L or compensated ones, like the G19c, G17C, G23C, etc. They pay to the first three places as the rest of the categories except those above.

Then you have subcompact and major sub, but a G34 is far from that. These are for G26, G27, G30, then major sub is G36, G30, etc.

In the Master Stock category is where anyone who has won three categories in GSSF matches must go. Also, if you are a master in any other discipline (IDPA, IPSIC, etc.) then you have to go to the deep end of the pool and swim with the sharks! However, a lot of Ams shoot this category just to shoot. You can enter it, but not with a G34. Some matches don't have that many in this category and others have many.

Finally, there is the Master Unlimited division, and in this one, you could use the G34. Here you can do as it says, unlimited - red dots, scopes, whatever kind of gun you want to make of your Glock, you probably could shoot it in this division.

Essentially, if you win a category, you win a Glock. You may win one in the random drawing. You meet loads and loads of neat people and have a lot of fun going to a GSSF match. The ROs are super people and help new people along if they don't understand something. You will have fun and meet people from all over the US of A. I hope to see you at a match and good luck in your first match.:cool: